Chapter 23: Epilogue

It was hard to explain to mr and Mrs Tonks that their daughter and her husband had died, but I tried to explain to them that they were heroes in the end, and the wizarding world appreciated their bravery in the war. It was even harder to explain to little Teddy years later, when he was old enough to understand. But Harry and I both vowed to take care of Teddy no matter what. And that's what we did. Teddy often spent dinners and weekends with me and Aubrey. The two were like two peas in a pod, they were like brother and sister. I was glad that they had each other.

It was awful to have to explain to Aubrey what happened to her father. How we were separated for so long, how he had died before she was even born. But Aubrey always knew that Sirius loved her, and he was always watching over her. I knew that in my heart, and so did Aubrey. When my little girl turned eleven, she got her very own Hogwarts letter. She was sorted into Gryffindor and made the Gryffindor quidditch team as a keeper, and I knew her father would be proud. I was too. She went on to play professional quidditch for the Holyhead Harpies, and I couldn't be prouder. Aubrey soon grew up, way too fast for my liking. She met a boy in her year from Ravenclaw, and they grew up to get married and to have two little kids, first a little girl named Charlotte, and then a boy named Sirius, after Aubrey's father.

I lived a happy life with my daughter and my friends, but I was delighted to get to the afterlife at the age of 97. Once I got there I was confused. I was sleeping, and all of a sudden I was at Hogwarts again, except it was different. Cleaner, maybe, and less crowded. "Well it's about time you showed up." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around to see a teenage Lily Evans staring at me. I look down at myself and realize that I'm young again too, just like how I was when I was at Hogwarts. I twirl my curly red hair and trample Lily into a hug. "It's you, it's really you." I whisper as I'm hugging my best friend again. "Fancy seeing you here, huh?" I hear another familiar voice. I soon see a whole bunch of people, Remus, Marlene, and James. I hug them all, happy to see them again, but looking for one person in particular. Then I hear it. That voice I've been longing to hear again for decades. "Didn't forget about me, did ya love?" He asks. "Never in a million years." I say and hug Sirius and kiss him on the cheek. "But love, you missed." He tells me. "What?" I ask in confusion. Sirius pummels me with a huge kiss right on my mouth, and the memories all come back. The memories of us in our happy days back at Hogwarts and onward. I remember things from when we met, from when we got together, when we were about to get married. I suppose we can get married here. That wouldn't be so bad. For the first time since I was 18, I felt complete. We were all here again, together. Just like we were at Hogwarts. And I couldn't ask for a better ending.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the last chapter, in sad this is ending, but thank you for all the support throughout this book. Love you guys