Chapter 6:Something New

In 5th year, something happened as which we referred to as "the incident". Long story short, Snivellus called lily a mudblood and she refused to talk to him after that. She started to hang out with us more, making James the happiest person on earth.

It was 6th year and the biggest quidditch match of the year was coming up. Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. Whoever won this game won the Quidditch cup. But with me and James as chasers and Sirius and Remus as beaters, no one could beat us.

The score was tied at 150-150. This was a close one. I was about to catch the quaffle when I noticed a slytherin chaser take the bat from one of the beaters. Is that even legal? I didn't have much time to think about that question because about 5 seconds after I thought it, the chaser hit a bludger towards me, and I fell to the ground, everything around me going black.

The next time I woke up, I was in the hospital wing. I tried to get up but I was pushed back down by madame pomfrey. "What happened?" I asked no one in particular. I realized a few people around me. Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. "You got hit by a bludger dear."  Poppy answered.

"But did we win?" I asked, everyone laughing. Except for Lily. Lily rolled her eyes and sighed of relief, knowing I was back to myself. "Of course we did!" Sirius exclaimed. "310-150." Peter confirms. "It was amazing!" James yells. "Okay yeah quidditch and stuff, but we are ignoring the real question." Lily says in disgust. "Yeah Lily's right, how are you feeling Bella?" Remus asked concerned. "I feel fine. By the way, how long was I out?" I ask.

There was complete silence. "Well are you guys gonna answer me?" "Um,3 days." Peter says under his breath. "3 DAYS??" I scream. Everyone tried to calm me down, but it doesn't work too well. How could I have been unconscious for 3 whole days? I finally relax and by the time I do madame pomfrey suggests everyone leaves and let's me rest.

Everyone says goodbye, and Sirius reaches down and kisses my cheek. I suddenly feel butterflies in my stomach. He turns to walk away, and before I lose my courage I say "You missed." "What?" Sirius asks clearly confused. "I said you missed." I drag him down by his tie and kiss him right on the lips, in front of everybody. And it was perfect.

I look around and see everybody smiling. And then there was James. James looked like he's been waiting for this to happen for years, and I think he was going to explode. Sirius is smiling as well, and I can't help but smile either. "Bye now." I say and close my eyes. I hear everyone walk out. Did that really just happen?