Sodium

Sodium is a soft, silvery-white, highly reactive metal.

-

"You seriously think were going to do that?"

Reinne let out a loud laugh with all the suggestions thrown at the table. So far, there are hundreds of it but none were chosen.

"Come on," Lee, their Chinese chemist said. "Just chose something. Anything."

"We only have 3-5 minutes duration to perform," Reinne said, tapping her pen. "Make those minutes count."

"Yes, ma'am," they chorused.

Reinne saw Drew heading towards her. She turn her swivel chair towards him. Drew held up his hand and flash her phone for her to see. Four days without her phone, she's lucky she survived that long without her phone.

"This came from the upper floor," Drew sent her a smirk. "You know what I mean?"

"Uhuh," Reinne grab her phone and turn it on. "Battery dead. Can you charge it. I have to call Mama, she's probably freaking out already."

"Will do," Drew grab her phone and left the conference room.

"Let's do a music video."

Reinne turn back to the conversation at hand. She watch her coworkers interact with each other. She glance around to see Jubileen smiling at her lap. Probably texting Jace.

Reinne hid her laughter when she remembered what happened Monday morning in the apartment. It was chaotic. Took a while to calm her friend down, but look at her now.

"We're doing this," Reinne look up to the board to see their decision and laugh. They did not just...

"Well then," Reinne tap the table. "You sure about this? If you are then go. I'll support you."

"Always," Jubileen smirked at her and she got a bad feeling about that.

"Everybody, dismiss," She ended the meeting and left the room first.

She head to the laboratory to do her rounds. After an hour of securing the laboratory, she head to the cafeteria for lunch. She glance around and didn't see Drew nor Jubileen around.

Where is that friend of mine? She thought as she pass by the lobby. She just changed her shift and she forgot about me.

She push the cafeteria door's open and saw the lights off. What the hell is going on? Is the light bulb dead? Reinne decided to leave and call the maintenance team to check on the lights later. Her stomach is much more important maybe she's just going to call a drive thru.

She turn to leave but something stop her.

"Ivy, hates it when somebody touches her kitchen."

She turn to see Drew's face projected on one corner. She gape at his face. What the hell?

"There was one time, I burned the fish and her pan," She remembered that. "She looks really scary, I tell you that. If she was holding a knife back then, I would probably be dead."

Reinne grab a chair and watch the video. What's this? She ask herself when she saw Jubileen's face.

"I've known her since we were 17. So, you've asked the right person," Jubileen chuckled. "She loves to bake. We all know that, but she always make sure to put vanilla on all the things she's baking, get it?"

Reinne laugh, knowing exactly what she's talking about. Its not her fault she like the smell of vanilla.

"May it be a chocolate cake, carrot cake or red velvet. She has to put vanilla on it. Try eating a chocolate cake that smells like vanilla," She scoff. "Confusing."