Arsenic

Arsenic occurs in many minerals, usually in combination with sulfur and metals, but also as a pure elemental crystal.

-

Reinne pace back and forth. The smell of antiseptic make her worry fold ten times. It all happened so fast that it made her rooted to the spot. She can still see the way the car bump Jubileen. She never expected that to happen to her best friend. All the lesson she learned in dealing with trauma patients suddenly disappeared. The way her friend's body bend upon collision was something she doesn't wish to see again.

"This is all my fault," Reinne turn to Sierra who was crying while Drew tried to comfort her.

Reinne sigh and took a seat on one of the plastic chairs placed outside the operating room. "Its not your fault. We didn't known this would happen."

"I was the one who--"

"Shut up!" Reinne yelled at her making Drew jump in shock. She's lucky the boys are not around. Kevin went out to buy something to eat while Hayden went to the police station to make sure the person responsible went to jail. "This is not your fault! Stop blaming yourself! No matter what you say or how you blame yourself won't change anything. It won't change the result of the operation. It won't change a thing! So, shut up and wait."

"Clarke?"

Reinne turn to see a doctor emerge from the operating room wearing blue scrubs. "How is she?"

"Are you her family?" The doctor asked.

"Yes," She answered right away. It was half true, Jubileen is like the sister she wished she had. "Is she okay?"

"She is for now," The doctor nod. "We placed her on induced coma--"

"What?" Drew blurted. She glared at him and told the doctor to continue.

"Enroute to the hospital she had a tension hemothorax, she was literally drowning in her own blood due to the cracked ribs," The doctor look around the solemn faces. "She broke her right arm. We were able to control the bleeding in the liver and stomach but the scan shows about a swelling in the brain and a cracked skull."

Reinne gasp. "Is she...?"

"She's alive," The doctor nod. "In a situation like that its a miracle she pulled through. You have on strong sister, Miss Clarke."

"But the coma..." Sierra whimper. She felt relieved that Jubileen was able to survive but the operation.

"Oh, we placed her on induced coma so that her brain and her body can heal on its own."

"When will she be up?" Drew asked.

"It depends on her."

Reinne sigh in relief. "Can we see her?"

The doctor nod. "She's still in the recovery room. You can see her when they transfer her to her room. Excuse me. I have to be somewhere else."

Reinne collapse on the chair when the doctor told her the news. It was much better than what she expected.

"Reinne." She look up and saw Hayden walking towards them. "What did the doctor say!"

She sigh when Hayden wrap her up in his arms. "She's in coma."

"She will survive this," He whispered to her before pressing a kiss on her temple.

Reinne nod. "I want to go home."