Chlorine

Chlorine is the second-lightest of the halogens, it appears between fluorine and bromine in the periodic table and its properties are mostly intermediate between them.

-

Reinne: you left your dress shirt.

Hayden: I did? I thought I had packed everything.

Reinne chuckled when she read Hayden's text.

Reinne: really? Jubileen found it first.

Hayden: how did she find it?

Reinne: she went to my room.

Hayden didn't reply and decided to call her.

"Hey," Reinne answered.

"So...your friend found it first?"

Reinne sat on her study chair and smiled. "Yeah, she did. I had fun by the way."

"Same here," Hayden smiled while he glance at his office window. "We should do that again."

Reinne giggled. "We should. Are you going to the party later?"

"No, sorry. I have things to do."

"I see..." Reinne glance at her window. "I got to go. Jubileen is calling me," She lied. She drop the phone before Hayden could hear the disappointment in her voice.

She threw her phone beside her and went out to grab something to drink. She saw no signs of Jubileen when she enter the kitchen. She grab a bottle water and lean on the counter, facing the plain white wall.

She in deep shit. She's probably pregnant with Hayden's child. She's probably developing feeling for Hayden. Not this again, she sigh. Her life involves a thousands of probably. She's not ready for another heartache. The last heartbreak she had almost killed her.

She took a big gulp of water with her shaky hands. She took in a deep breath to calm herself but those memories won't go away. She felt hot trail of tears on her cheeks.

The memories are to fresh for her liking. She's too dumb to notice. Too caught up in love that she didn't know that she was being cheated.

"Ivy?"

She look up to see Jubileen, staring at her with concern. She place the half-filled water bottle beside her and move past her friend.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" The soft voice of Jubileen made her stop. "Ivy, don't let him ruin your chance."

"Chance, Jub?" She cried. "How? All I can think about right now is...if Hayden will do same damn thing Keith did. I can't handle that."

"Ivy, I know this Hayden guy is special," Jubileen hug her. "If he isn't, why the hell would you sleep with him?"

Reinne didn't answer her. She decided to shut up or she will utter something she will regret. She wanted to tell her about the possibility of her being pregnant but she kept her mouth shut.