Hi, I'm John Chase

Chapter 1 of Hi, I'm John Chase enjoy!

-

Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw

'Bitterness keeps you from trying.'

-

Everything seemed so groggy. Being asleep for two months, my body can't function like it used to be. Just a simple scratch to my arm is already a hard task.

I groan as I watch some reruns on the hospital. It has been three days since I woke up and I'm still not allowed to go home. I told Drew to buy food at McDonald's, since I can't comprehend the food they serve at the hospital.

The doctors said they have to make sure that the swelling in did subside or the bruises are healed. The only thing that isn't healed is my arm.

A knock on the door brought me out of my reverie. "Come in."

I look up from my lying position to see Reinne carrying the twins while Hayden is pushing her wheelchair in. "Look who decided to show up," I joke at her.

Reinne laugh as she neared my bed. "Shut up. I didn't spend the whole time lying around to hear your sarcastic jokes. How are you?"

"Like shit," I grumble as I try to pull myself in a sitting position.

"Don't curse," Reinne glared at her before she offer the twins to their father. "I have both good and bad news, which do you want hear first?"

I roll my eyes at Reinne's mother side talk to me.  "Any, I could care less."

I saw Reinne frown at my sudden attitude. "I talk to the doctor, he told me that you are already fit go home. Also, you still have to go through the physical therapy if you want to go back to work right away."

"Also," Hayden spoke up. "You'll be having help."

"Help?" I frown at him. "What help?"

"Well..." Reinne glance at Hayden before turning to me. "I can't seem to be at ease with the idea of you alone in the apartment. I know staying in your sisters' houses is out of the option so, we looked for a nurse slash bodyguard slash chef slash housemaid to help you."

"What do you mean?" I got confused with all the slashes she said.

"We hired help," Reinne sigh.

"I don't need help," I scowl at the two of them. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Yes, you are, physically, but mentally?" Reinne shook her head. "No. Besides, I don't want you leaving alone in that apartment."

I sigh and lean back on the bed. "Is there a way out?"

"None," Reinne smiled at me. I hate the way she's smiling at me. Its the same weird smile she has when she's thinking something bad.

I sigh. "Why am I friends with you?"

"I'm the only one who can put up with your attitude and don't you dare deny it," She snap at me before I can retort back.

I huff back at her. "You just love annoying me."

"Your pain is my happiness," I laugh at our motto.

"Special delivery!"

I look up to see Drew holding a bag of McDonald's. "Yes!" I cheered so loud that one of the twins woke up and cried, resulting to the other twin to cry. "Oh shit," I groaned when their wails echoed around the room.