Chapter One

Amanda

I watched as the car door slammed behind me and sped away. Great. Now I'm stuck in the orphanage. Again.

Not like that foster family was better than the other ones.

I trudged back to the entrance of the orphanage, and opened the door.

"Back already, bitch?" Natalie laughed at me. "You didn't even last two weeks this time."

I rolled my eyes at my unfortunately roommate, and headed upstairs to my room to unpack my bags. Again.

It was the second time in a month that I'd been dumped back at the orphanage by foster families.

I unpacked my black duffel bag and backpack, folding my clothing and putting them away. I stuck my earbuds in and pressed shuffle on my playlist. Northern Downpour was the first to play.

I quietly sang along as I dumped my laundry into the laundry basket in the hall.

(time skip to dinner)

I walked into the crowded dining room and grabbed a plate of potatoes before sitting down.

I cut the potatoes into small pieces and pushed them around in my plate.

"Hey, look, it's the fat emo slut!" Natalie sneered to a chorus of laughter. "If you eat any more there won't be any room for us!" She stuck her tongue out at me and sat down at a table.

I lost my appetite and eventually threw out my plate.

(time skip to when she's going to bed)

Natalie got into her pale pink pajamas, all the while flaunting her perfect body. She snuggled up in her mountain of pastel-colored blankets and fell asleep almost immediately.

I, however, slipped into the bathroom to pull on an oversized Danger Days shirt and leggings.

I slipped in my earbuds again and pressed play on my "slow songs" playlist. Eventually, I fell asleep to Black Veil Brides' The Mortician's Daughter.