Chapter Eighteen

Amanda

"Wake up! Wake up, Amanda!" I groaned and rolled over.

"Dallon, shut your goddamn mouth. It's too early," I complained.

"First of all, watch your language. Second, it's almost eleven thirty. And third, we're already in Arizona."

"What the fuck? How did you guys wake up so early? I'm still in dreamland." I buried my head under my blankets and tried to fall back asleep.

"No, you are not going back to sleep, young lady. Everyone is already up and in the kitchen. I'll carry you down if I need to."

"So carry me down." I grumbled, sliding on my glasses.

"Fine." He picked me up and carried me to the living room area. I buried my face in his shirt. It was comfortable.

Dallon dropped me onto the couch. "Hey!" I protested. "I was comfy."

He shrugged. "Do you want a coffee?"

"Yes."

"So don't complain. If you do, I'm not making you a coffee."

"Fine," I grumbled, walking into the kitchen area. "Who's driving?"

"I was, but Zack is now." Dallon placed a mug of coffee in front of me as I sat down.

"Thanks." I drank my coffee slowly, savoring every sip.

"I love coffee." I said. "I love coffee almost as much as the Way brothers."

"Not possible," Kenny walked in and shook his head. "They live off of coffee. You're only thirteen. You shouldn't rely on it."

"Why does it matter what my age is? It doesn't actually affect growth-it's a proven fact."

Kenny shrugged. "I bet Brendon doesn't really want you drinking it every day."

"Well, I don't drink it every day. But, like, five or six times a week. Fine. I don't love it nearly as much as the Way brothers."

"We're stopping for gas and normal breakfast." Brendon yells from the front of the bus where he was talking to Zack. "Go put on clothing."

"We're dressed, Dad. Just not in normal people clothing. Then again, we aren't normal people," I responded, downing the rest of my coffee.

"Whatever, kiddo. But get dressed."

"Fine." I stood up, stretching, and walked up to my bunk, where I grabbed "normal" clothing and went to the bathroom to put it on.

Dan

"She's a good kid," I told Brendon as soon as we'd parked. He smiled.

"Yeah. A bit stubborn, but that's expected. She's really cool. And, shouldn't you be getting dressed, too?"

"Oh, yeah." I went to get dressed.

But honestly, Amanda was the best kid that anyone could have ever dreamed of. I just wondered how she got into the system in the first place.

Brendon

"Guys! Do you want food or not?" I yelled.

"We're coming!" Dallon yelled, running into the room with my daughter on his shoulders.

"Don't kill me!" She shrieked.

He laughed. "I'm not gonna kill you-I like you too much for that."

"Thank god," she said, smiling and ruffling his hair. "You know, this is the only time I will ever be taller than Dallon." She pulled on his earlobe. "Is this what it feels like to be tall?"

He shrugged. "Maybe."

Zack, Kenny, Dan, Dallon, and I walked out of the bus. Amanda was still on his shoulders.

We walked in to see the members of Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance already sitting down at tables.

"Put me down!" Amanda whispered into Dallon's ear. When he didn't listen, she started pulling his hair.

"Put me down, you giraffe man!" She complained. "I wanna say hi to my amazing uncles that actually listen to me." She lightly began tapping on his eyes with her fingers, similar to what Frank Iero had done in an interview.

"Put my little mouse down!" Frank stood in front of the bassist and glared up at him.

"Yeah. I wanna give Frankie a hug!"

Dallon rolled his eyes but smiled. "You guys are such kids." He bent down so Amanda could slide off of his shoulders.

"Yay!" She ran over to Frank and gave him a hug. "Someone closer to my size!"

She followed him to the My Chem table and dropped down on his lap once he sat.

"Oh my god, she's wearing a fedora!" Patrick ran over to me. "You are an amazing person."

"I know, right?" She laughed. "It looks like the one you're wearing. I would say we should switch, but this is my favorite one."

"I wouldn't let you touch mine, anyways." Patrick answers with a smile.

"Ok, ok, I want food." Gerard crossed his arms.

"I agree with Gee." Amanda nodded. "Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. We get it. You're talented. But if you want food, figure out what you want to have."

"Coffee!" Mikey, Gerard, and Amanda said in sync. The Ways laughed and gave her a hug.

"See, this one knows what she's talking about." Gerard said, smirking.

"Amanda, you already had a coffee this morning." She shrugged.

"But coffee is amazing!" She complained.

"Yeah, coffee is amazing!" Mikey echoed her with a smile.

She nodded. "See, Mikey smiled. I vote that I get a second coffee today!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But you're getting decaf, and only half a cup."

"Deal. I'll give the rest to them." She nodded toward the brothers.

I sighed. Amanda was going to be crazy later. I mean, she already is, but still. One and a half cups of coffee?! And hanging out with her crazy uncles?! Today is going to be insane.

(A/N: last night my mom took my laptop away, so I'm really sorry if there are any grammatical errors because I wrote this on my phone. Also, I'm in the allergist's office again.
So yeah.
Thank you guys so much for reading this!
-Alli)