Chapter Twenty Five

Dallon

After the concert, Dan pretty much just showered and went to bed, which was good because we needed to decorate the bus. We didn't feel like waking up earlier in the morning just to do it, so we did it then.

Amanda carefully hung streamers over Dan's bed while I decorated a lot of the rest of the bus. Brendon and Kenny's excuses for not helping much?

"We're short."

"So am I," Amanda whispered. "Yet I still managed to help. Make yourselves busy blowing up balloons." She threw a pack of them at them.

"Seriously, Kenny. I'm way shorter than you. Get off the couch and do something productive with your life."

I finished hanging up streamers, and Amanda began sketching a happy birthday sign on a poster paper, and Kenny and Brendon finally began hanging up balloons.

As Amanda continued sketching, I peered over her shoulder.

"Holy shit, that's good!" She was sketching Dan playing drums, and it was crazily realistic.

She grinned. "Thanks, but I messed up his eyes." She began erasing them, and recreated his eyes perfectly.

"Woah." Kenny looked over at the poster. "You gonna color it, or paint it, or something? Because it looks amazing in black and white."

"I'm probably gonna leave it like this." She finished the portrait and began writing Happy Birthday behind it in a graffiti style.

"Maybe I'll do the letters in color...yeah. I'll do that." She began shading in the letters with layers of color.

"That's so cool. You should do a drawing thing with Gerard, because this is  uncanny," Kenny said.

She shrugged and continued drawing. "Maybe."

Dan

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Daniel, happy birthday to you!"

I woke up the rest of the band, including Amanda, singing Happy Birthday.

"Wake up," Amanda said. "There's stuff for you in the kitchen. Plus, we let you sleep a half hour late."

"Fine." I got out of bed and stretched, heading to the kitchen. I stopped short.

"Did you draw that?" There was a portrait of me playing drums, and it said Happy Birthday in the background. It was so realistic that I thought it was a picture of me with writing Photoshopped behind me.

"No, but this one here did." I turned around to see Dallon picking Amanda up as she pinked.

"It's amazingly realistic."

"Thanks," she grinned.

"Seriously. You should show your stuff to Gee. Maybe you could do a thing together or something."

"That's what Kenny said." She poked him. "Now hurry up. I made a shit ton of breakfast for you guys. And don't you dare 'language' me, because I'm the one making the food."

Amanda

"So what's the plan for today?" I hurried to catch up to Brendon on the way to soundcheck.

"We're gonna announce his birthday to the fans and get them to sing Happy Birthday to him. The concert is going to end at about seven pm, and during the performance, Fall Out Boy is going to our bus and setting it up. We're bringing Dan out for dinner, and you're staying with Andy after because we're going to a bar."

"Gotcha." We went silent as Dan walked in.

Dallon

"So, as many of you out there might already know, today is Dan Pawlovich's birthday! Come on. One, two, three..." Brendon said about halfway through the performance.