Chapter Twenty Four

Amanda

"Manda!"

"What?" I groaned, slapping away Kenny's face.

"Dan's birthday is tomorrow."

"Really?" I looked up at him. "It's already February?" The guitarist nodded.

"Cool. Can we make a cake for him later?"

"Sure. You just have to get out of bed first."

"Ugh. Fine." I slid out of my blanket and into a pair of slippers, grabbing my glasses and an outfit that consisted of maroon skinny jeans, a black muscle top that read "normal people scare me", black and white converse, and a maroon sports bra.

I decided I was too lazy to struggle with straightening my hair, so I just brushed it out and left my hair naturally wavy.

Kenny, Dallon, Zack and I went out and bought a few presents for Dan, as well as a big balloon and supplies for cake baking. We left some stuff with My Chem, and Fall Out Boy got the rest to hide.

(time skip)

"I'm bored." I was lounging on Fall Out Boy's couch, watching Andy putting away one of the presents we had bought for Dan.

"Well, I'm not doing anything interesting. I might go to the gym later..."

"Cool. I'm coming with you."

He lifted his eyebrows. "Really, Amanda?"

"Yeah."

"Does Bren know about this?"

I pulled out my phone and texted Brendon that I was going to the gym with Andy later. "Now he does."

"Fine. In, like, a half an hour, we'll go."

"Cool!" I grinned at the drummer.

"You know what else I want to do?"

"What?" He groaned.

"Can you give me drum lessons?"

"I'll think about it."

"Yes!"

A half hour later, Andy and I stood in front of a gym. I had replaced my skinny jeans and converse with exercise clothing of the same colors.

"Are you sure you really want to work out right now?" Andy asked as we walked in.

"Yeah. Positive." I pulled my hair into a high pony and shook my bangs out of my face.

"Let's see you do thirty push-ups." Andy grinned at me and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"That's it? I can do so much more!"

"Start with thirty. Then we'll see."

"What are you, my personal trainer?" I got down and began doing push-ups. "One, two, three..."

"And...thirty!" I sat back and wiped my forehead with the bottom of my muscle shirt. I looked up to see Andy doing pull-ups on a nearby chin-up bar.

"You ditched me! Andrew John Hurley, that is not nice!"

He gracefully dropped down in front of me. "It's Andy. No one calls me by my full name."

Putting my hands on my hips, I glared up at him. "Don't ditch me Hurley, and then I'll call you Andy."

"You just did."

"That's not the point!" I stomped my foot.

"Okay, okay." He looked at the clock on the wall. "Shoot. We need to get back, like, now. We'll shower there." He grabbed my arm and we half ran out of the gym, stopping only to wish a nice day to the receptionist. I think she was more shocked that Andy Hurley was in the gym she worked at then she was that there were two people running out of the gym.

"Wow, you guys look... sweaty." Brendon looked at us from the door of our bus.

"No shit, Sherlock. See you later, Hurley!" I called over my shoulder as I walked past Brendon and to the shower.

"Language, young lady!"

"You can bother me about my choice of words after I shower. I'm covered in sweat." I closed the door behind me and turned on a cold shower as I undressed.

I turned on some music on my phone before I went in and pressed shuffle.

I sang softly as I brushed out my hair and shampooed it. I washed my body and face as I let conditioner sit in my hair for a minute.

Brendon's POV:

Amanda rushed past me and straight into the bathroom. I could hear her music playing, and I'm pretty sure she listened to the entire Sempiternal album, and then went on to Vessel.

"God, her showers are long." Dallon leaned back on the couch and pulled out his phone.

"Mmhm." I wandered over to the kitchen area of the bus. "Hey, Kenny."

"Hi. What's the plan for...tomorrow?"

I shrugged. "Decorate his bed after he goes to sleep and he'll wake up to that? I don't know, Manda wants to make a cake."

"Yeah, and then we should sing Happy Birthday on stage, and perform his favorite songs..." We continued thinking of ideas, and Amanda finally came out of the shower.

"A miracle! Amanda is out of the shower!" Dallon grinned sarcastically. "I was wondering if you had become a prune or something."

I laughed. "I can just see it on the news- the daughter of Panic! At The Disco's lead singer went missing while in the shower. A large prune was found, though no evidence of her disappearance has been discovered." I stated in a drab news reporter's drawl.

She rolled her eyes as Dallon and Kenny cracked up. "It wasn't that long of a shower, Kenny. You've taken longer."

"Really, Kenny? You've taken longer showers than the only girl on tour? Since when are you a female teenager?" Dallon laughed.

She checked the time on her phone. "Isn't sound check in twenty minutes?" I looked at the time. "Shit, you're right."

"For gosh's sake, watch your language!" She quoted Age Of Ultron as she ran out of the bus.