Chapter Seventeen

Amanda

"How are you tonight?" Brendon yelled into the microphone.

"We have a very special guest here tonight. It's her first concert, but she's gonna rock it! Amanda?" He looked at me and nodded slightly. Zack gave me a little push, and I ran onstage.

"This is my daughter, I adopted her two months ago. She is fucking amazing." He gave me a small kiss on the top of my head.

"She plays almost as many instruments as he does," Dallon added. "We've seen her in action." I pinked slightly and grinned out at the audience.

"Ok, Amanda is going to sing with us tonight. You ready?" The band smiled at me encouragingly.

"Yeah. Our first song tonight is called I Write Sins Not Tragedies!" I said.

Brendon started singing.

"Oh, well imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear
No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words,"

He held out his mike to the audience to sing.

"What a beautiful wedding
What a beautiful wedding says a bridesmaid to a waiter
And yes but what a shame
What a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore."

I chimed in and the two of us sang the chorus together.

"I chimed in with a haven't you people ever heard of
Closing a goddamn door, no
It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of
Poise and rationality!"

It was easier as we went on.

'I can get used to this,' I thought to myself as the song finished.

I had no idea that concerts were this fucking amazing. This was the best first concert I could have ever asked for.

I was singing with Brendon throughout the performance, and by the end, we were both sweating like nuts.

As we ended the last song, Dad came over and gave me a huge sweaty hug.

"Ew, you stink, Dad." I grinned and spoke into the mic.

"Well, you aren't much better." He kissed the top of my head. "Thank you, LA, for an amazing performance! And Amanda. You're cool, too." I tried to look indignant, but I couldn't hold the look on my face for too long because Dallon picked me up and placed me on his shoulders.

"I can see everything from up here!" I shrieked. "You're like as tall as the Empire State Building! Or Brendon's forehead! Scratch that, nothing is as tall as Dad's forehead. But you're still a fucking giant."

Brendon giggled. "Language," he warned me.

"Guys, my dad thinks that he's a ninety five year old super soldier."

"Ok, ok, that's enough." I grinned.

"Is it, Cap?" He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I think she needs to go to sleep. It's past her bedtime."

"No, it isn't. I don't have a bedtime." I retorted.

"But I think you need to have one. Thanks guys, for an amazing first concert of the tour. I love you guys, but my daughter is overtired. Good night." He bowed to the audience. Dallon put me down and Brendon picked me up, carrying me off the stage.

"If you love me, let me go!" I half yelled, half screamed, and the audience laughed.

"Put me down, you poop!" I thrashed around, trying to get out.

"That isn't going to happen."

Ah, if all concerts were like this...

I loved my life.

But, even if I didn't have a bedtime, I was fucking exhausted.

"I call the shower first." I grabbed some clothing and towels and stumbled to the bathroom.

"Fine. But I get it next." Brendon said.

"No. I'm getting it next." Dallon argued.

"Why don't you shower together? BRALLON IS REAL, PEOPLE. GET OVER IT!" I smiled sweetly at them and closed the goddamn door.

"I'm married!" Dallon protested.

"So why were you staring at each other like a pair of gooey lovebirds? Face it- you're in love." I said through the door.

"Oh, shut up."

I undressed and turned to the mirror, wiping off my makeup before heading into the shower.

I got out relatively quickly, and Kenny went in next so that Dallon and Brendon didn't start fighting again.

I yawned and laid down on the couch. I was too tired to walk up to my bunk. I soon fell asleep, curled up in the tour bus with my family near me.

Brendon

I got out of the shower relatively quickly, and Dallon rushed in after me.

"Manda?" I called. She didn't answer. She wasn't in her bunk, and I started to panic.

"Amanda?" I looked through the bus, feeling relieved when I spotted the small girl asleep on the couch.

'She always falls asleep,' I thought fondly as I picked her up in my arms and brought her to her bunk. But who could blame her? It was her  first concert in her life, and she was far more involved in it than she would have been had she been in the audience.

"Amanda?" I said, softly shaking her awake. "Amanda, you gotta take your meds."

"Fine." She said. Half asleep, she took two puffs of her inhaler and swallowed her two pills before almost falling back asleep.

I picked her up, laying her down in her bunk, covering her with her fuzzy Avengers blanket and her regular one on top of that one.

I kissed her forehead softly.

"Dad?" She whispered, still half asleep.

"Hmm?"

"I love you." She smiled slightly.

"I love you, too," I answered. But at that point, she was already asleep again.