Chapter 1: A Journey Begins

When he woke up, he had almost forgotten that today he would start his journey as a Pokemon trainer. " Jace, I got a gift for you!" called the boy's father. " Coming!" yelled the boy. He ran downstairs to the kitchen, and what he saw was probably the best gift he could ever have. " Wow a Riolu!" he said. " Yep, I just bought it from a traveling breeder. He even has a custom Poke-ball!" said the father. " That's not even the best part. Professor Oak said you can still pick out a starter!" " What? That's awesome Dad!" Said the boy " When can I start on my way to Pallet Town?" " Ask your mother. Its up to her." Jace went into the living room to talk to his mother. " Mom, when can I go to Pallet Town?" he asked his mother. " Right now if you want." said his mother. " Really? Thanks Mom!" he replied. "Wait! I got something for your journey!" called his mom. She then handed him a hat. " This hat was my fathers... this is all I have left of him. I know he would want you to have it." " Thanks mom" said Jace as he hugged his mother. Jace then went out to start his journey.

First stop: Professor Oak's lab in Pallet Town. Since he only lived in viridian city, it shouldn't take him long to get there. On his way there, his Riolu learned fury swipes, bonemerang, and Giga punch. When he finally got to Pallet Town, he decided he would have charimander as his starter. He then went to pewter city to challenge the gym. On his way he caught a beedrill, a Ratata, and a metapod.

When he arrived in Pewter city, he went to the museum and one of the workers gave him a piece of amber. He decided he would go back into viridian forest and wait a little longer to challenge the Gym. He trained for a few days and then entered the gym. The gym leaders name was Brock. Brock used rock type pokemon. The first pokemon Jace put out was Beedrill. It was barely able to defeat Brocks geodude, but was completely defeated by Brocks onix. Jace then sent out Riolu, who completely defeated Onix. Brock gave him the boulder badge and the TM Rock throw.

Jace then went to Cerulean city to challenge the gym leader. When he got there, he saw the Gym leader, Misty, and was immediately in love. She was his age, maybe a year older. He decided to keep his feelings a secret. " I'm here to challenge the gym." said Jace. " Well, let's get it over with then." said Misty " Go, Staru!" "Well, if your using that pokemon, the Come on out Riolu!" said Jace. " Riolu, Use Giga punch!" It was a tough fight but, Jace won. Misty gave him the cascade badge.

Suddenly, Riolu started glowing with white light. " What's going on?" Jace asked. " It appears your Riolu is evolving" replied Misty. Then, Jace's Riolu evolved into Lucario. It suddenly knew fire punch, thunder punch, and rock smash. " Wow, you evolved!" said Jace. " LUCARIO" replied the Pokémon. " Come on Lucario, let's go!"

End chapter 1