Chapter 3

The drive back to Lauren's house was relatively quiet. Kehlani kept looking back at Normani who was fighting not to fall asleep and yet was too tired to stay awake so she kept nodding off.

"Cute," Kehlani said.

"Yeah, she sure is," Lauren said as she looked around and started turning into her driveway.

"So how exactly can I help? And how did this happen?"

"We'll explain more inside, Ally has the paper she found, so yeah,"

"Paper?"

"Yes, just a minute, Normani, Sweetie, time to get up," Lauren said as she slowly nudge the child awake.

Normani just cried as she was slowly waking up but was still too exhausted.

"Please don't cry," Lauren said as she heard Dinah's car coming up her driveway.

But Normani kept crying and whining as she tried to rub her eyes but didn't have enough energy to move.

"Oh Sweetie, big boring day at school today," Ally said as she walked up to Lauren's car, unbuckled Normani and carried her, swaying her slowly to let her relax and fall asleep.

"Wow, she's going to be a great Mom," Kehlani commented.

"Yeah, she will be," Dinah said as she looked at Ally who was holding Normani gently in her arms.

Lauren just smiled before asking, "Did you bring the paper?"

"Yeah, we did,"

"Good, let's go inside," Lauren said as the group entered her house.

~~~~~

As everyone was inside, and Ally was creating a floor bed out of a large pillow and a throw blanket for Normani. Kehlani was looking over the paper that Ally gave her.

"This is old," Kehlani said before asking, "How exactly did you come across this piece of paper?"

"Well, I found it, it just appeared in my bag," Ally said.

"Okay, so you four,"

"Three, Mani didn't want to read it," Dinah said.

"Okay, three, you three decided to read off a piece of paper that magically found its way into Ally's bag without researching what it might be about?" Kehlani said in shock.

"Yeah,"

"That's really bad of you,"

"You can say stupid lani, we know it was stupid,"

"Okay, it was very stupid of you, reading things that even have instructions that tell you it's a spell, that's really bad, god, it's like toying with a Ouija Board, it's dangerous,"

"Wait, hold up, I thought Ouija Boards were just a gimmick to sell toys?"

"That's what they want you to think, that it's just a toy when it really isn't, Ouija Boards can do a lot of damage, they open doors that shouldn't be opened and let things that should remain on the other side in; hell, a lot of psychics, even pagans, and witches will tell you not to mess with the dead, like I said it opens doors to things that shouldn't be allowed here,"

"Who exactly do you mean by they?" Lauren asked.

"Is she asleep still?" Kehlani asked as she glanced at Normani who was sleeping on a large pillow and wrapped in a throw blanket on the floor.

Ally went over to look, "Yes," she answered and then walked back.

"Okay look, the supernatural have many names, right, names that humans gave so we could try to understand the things that we see but can't explain," Kehlani started.