Chapter 18

Character Death**

"I don't understand, what's happening?" Clara asked in a panic as Stoic created a protective circle barrier around the group, "Why is she doing this?"

"Tenebris slashed her upstairs," Stoic answered.

"I know that,"

"He infected her, he knew she would run for Normani to help her, so he scratched her, the curse in her blood and it's taken over and confused her mind, she's not herself,"

BANG!

Was the noise the group heard in the living room as Lauren was still attempting to reach Normani who had managed to evade capture through almost any means, including going under the couch. Which Lauren had overturned, Normani scrambled out of the room and into the front hallway as Stoic had to catch the couch before it went out the window or landed on other women in the room.

"Get over here," Lauren yelled as Normani ran and ducked.

"No, give Lauren back you meany," Normani yelled back.

"I am Lauren,"

"No you're not,"

"Oh good god," Dinah groaned in annoyance yet fear, "Mama, this is ridiculous we should do something, it can't be that bad,"

"You can't though," Stoic said as he put the couch down and reinforced the protective barrier around the women again so that Lauren couldn't get through if she tried.

"Why? This doesn't make any sense,"

"It never does,"

"Well why don't you do something about then Mr Demon?"

"Because I need my powers to not only help Zara but heal Lauren after Normani manages to help her, plus I'm thinking, okay, there has to be a way to help her but I can't think of it just yet that doesn't involve me tearing her head off and killing her,"

"How about we bind her?" Clara suggested as Normani shrieked at the vase flying towards her head that she caught and threw back at Lauren.

Stoic made a sound like he wasn't so sure it'd work.

"What?" Clara asked.

"It may work, but then it may not, it could break her bones especially if she's this determined to get Normani," he answered.

"I still think you should do something," Milika said.

"I don't think he can," Miss Parrish said as she looked strongly at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Because he's still bleeding from his fight with his brother and it's affected him very badly,"

Milika looked at him, "What is she talking about?" she asked.

Stoic just looked at her then looked away as he looked after Normani, she was still going well and managed to trap Lauren in the broom closet.

"Give Lauren back," Normani was heard yelling.

"I am Lauren," Lauren yelled back.

"No you're not," Normani yelled back then paused as she started to move backwards from the door, "UH-OH, GANGWAY,"

Normani squealed as she ran back to the living room and passed through the adults and teens who were safely in the middle of the room as Lauren unleashed a powerful blast and glared angrily at the retreating brunette.

Dinah sighed, "Only the Midget and Lauren would be able to turn a freaking creepy showdown into a fluffy comedy," she muttered.

"C'mon Normani, just give me your powers," Lauren said as she walked into the living room.