Chapter 15

Everyone was now sitting in the lounge, Stoic had Normani on his lap as the little girl was sitting happily with the demon and playing with his fingers.

"Okay, okay," Dinah started.

"Don't start the pacing thing," Lauren said as Dinah shot her an annoyed look.

"Rewind and start again, you're Mr Tibbs?"

"Yes," Stoic said.

"As in her bunny rabbit Mr Tibbs?"

"Yeah,"

"And you're a demon?"

"Yes,"

"Who got trapped in that doll,"

Stoic just looked at her.

"Right, okay, I'm just a little confused here, so, she said that you lied, what was the lie?" Dinah asked.

"Mr Tibbs doesn't need to bind with you," Normani said, "And if he did, he wouldn't take away your life, well, not really,"

"Not really?" Dinah wondered.

"I mean, he will be annoying,"

"I'm not annoying," Stoic said as he paused Normani's game and looked at her.

"Yes you are," Normani giggled.

"I'm not,"

"Are,"

"Not,"

"Are,"

"Not,"

Normani just laughed, "Mr Tibbs you're funny, but you're my annoying funny demon," she said as she cuddled into him, "My Mr Tibbs,"

Stoic melted at that as he held Normani closer; making Lauren feel quite jealous of their interaction.

"Okay Mr Mushy, recap, you did what to me now?" Dinah asked.

"I lied about taking your life away if we bonded, it was a test," Stoic said.

"For what?" Dinah asked in annoyance.

"What do you think?"

"You were seeing where her heart was, you wanted to know if she was willing to make a sacrifice to help save people," Milika said as she unconsciously touched her missing arm.

"You do realise the flaw in that? She could have just done it to save her mother," Clara said.

"Actually I asked him after everything had sort of calmed down," Dinah said with a shrug.

"And I'd know if someone was insincere, I've been alive long enough," Stoic said as the mothers sighed but agreed with that.

"Okay, right, so tell us, how exactly are you Mr Tibbs?" Dinah asked as everyone looked curiously at him.

"When Normani was born I was wondering through the hospital helping those I could, being a demon I can show myself if I wanted to so I normally pose as a doctor; anyway, when she was born I could feel her power, her presence, it was something I had not seen or felt in a long time and I could see things honing in on her; it was that moment that I made a choice to protect her at all costs, why? I do not truly know, call it instinct if you wish, but I could not, and would not, allow her to be harmed,"

Everyone was looking at him as Normani looked up at him as he began to regale the tale of how he ended up as the bunny rabbit Mr Tibbs...

Flashback:

Cataracta was walking through the hospital on his usual daily routine. Most of the time he didn't have to do much, as a mostly water based demon he had the power of healing water and would use it to the best of his ability, unless of course it was a person's time to go; then he knew that he couldn't help no matter how much he wanted to.
Life was as boring as usual for him, although he supposed that this was his penance for falling and trying to destroy mankind along with the others.