Chapter 6

The next day as the group went to school, the day started off a bit interesting.

Normani was following the Trio around like a baby duck; as she was now trying to copy them strut their stuff but came off as too adorable; which of course made Kehlani laugh because she was walking just behind them.

"Awww that's so cute," Ally had said when Kehlani showed her the video at lunch making Normani pout.

"I was trying to be cool like you," Normani had said in a huff.

"Nah, you're too cute, don't stop being cute," Ally had said back as she hugged the little brunette.

"Okay," was all Normani had said.

The strutting down the halls had been preceded by basketball practice before school officially started. Normani was sitting on the benches in the gym hall as she waited for the girls to finish and was playing with Mr Tibbs; Kehlani had decided to do some more research on her own in the Library and was going to take Normani along but the little girl wanted to stay with Lauren.
Most of the team members thought she was adorable, others couldn't care less, Dinah couldn't stop keeping her eye on the child, Lauren was both worried about her teams performance and Normani so she came across as distracted; and Ally, well she actually wasn't worried as last night the mothers plus grandmother created a new necklace for Normani to wear around her neck to protect her from the shadow demon as well as suppress a small portion of her powers for the time being, after they took half an hour with a seance with the real sixteen year old, which was an odd experience for the girls and Kehlani to experience.

Flashback:

"Okay girls, are you ready to witness this?" Alma asked.

"We wouldn't have a choice either way," Lauren replied as the older woman glared a bit at her and let out an irritated breath.

"What are we doing?" Normani asked as Clara made her sit in a chair.

"Normani, what we're going to ask you to do is sit very still, you will hear noises and weird sounds but we promise you that we'll be here for you, okay, now would you like someone to hold your hand?" Clara asked.

"Lauren," Normani answered quickly.

"Okay, Lauren, take Normani's hand, you'll be her anchor and her comfort," Clara said.

"How do I do that?" Lauren asked with worry,"

"Just hold her hand and comfort her when needed," Clara said as Lauren nodded her head, "Now Normani, if you get scared just squeeze Lauren's hand and you'll know that you are safe,"

"Okay, but what are you doing?" Normani asked.

"We are going to talk to you, but a different you," Clara answered.

"I don't understand,"

"Just sit still, okay Normani, we'll explain more at another time, trust us, we're here to help you,"

"Okay Mrs jauregui,"

As Normani relaxed in her chair the seance began. About five minutes in everyone heard a scream and felt the room tremble. It didn't take Lauren long to realise that the scream had been from Normani, and yet the small girl didn't even have her mouth open.

"Get ready everyone," Alma said as a light swirled around Lauren and Normani and then entered the little girl making her eyes open quickly with a loud gasped.

Lauren for her part held tightly onto Normani's hand.

"Normani, hun is that you?" Alma asked.

"Yes, where am I? I can't, I can't see," Normani sixteen year old voice was heard through the four year old's mouth.