Chapter 8

A/n Normani is adopted forgot to say that earlier

"DINAH," Normani screamed as she tried to open the door to no avail, "Help me, someone help,"

She looked around but no one was there to help, and even if there were, it seemed that people always ignore a cry for help even if it was a child that was calling.

"Someone help," Normani whispered in a tone that showed she was about to give up.

"My god, am I too late?" Alma's voice was heard behind the small girl.

"Grams, he has Dinah," Normani cried as car doors were heard slamming and Lauren and Ally were seen running up to Normani. Lauren reached her first and picked the small girl up just as Dinah was heard screaming on the inside.

"I knew I felt something," Alma said as she opened the door to the house.

There on the ground, the four saw Dinah bleeding on the ground, actually, only two of them saw Dinah bleeding on the ground, the other two however.

"Oh my god," Ally and Lauren said at the same time as Lauren tried to cover Normani's eyes.

"Why is she on the floor?" Normani asked.

"Because she's hurt," Ally answered as she wondered what to do.

"No she's not,"

"Normani, she's bleeding," Lauren started.

"She's not," Alma confirmed, "Hey listen to me, what you're seeing is not real, damn demon found a loophole,"

"Grams it hurts so much," Dinah said, "I can't breathe,"

"Hun focus, focus on me and what I'm saying to you, you're not hurt, it's a trick, now breathe,"

But Dinah didn't hear her.

"Sweetie focus on me, focus," Alma said, "Think, look, feel,"

Dinah breathed in a bit and then focused and looked down to realise that she wasn't bleeding at all.

"The demon played with your head, I should have been smarter and I'm sorry," Alma said as she dropped to her knees and held her granddaughter.

"I nearly had her," the sinister voice growled in a hiss.

"Shame on you," Alma said angrily.

"Me? I do not deny my nature, I live it, humans, ha, shame on you for denying what is inherently your nature," the demon said as it showed itself to them.

Normani let out a whimper as she cuddled into Lauren's arms a bit.

"But that is not the point, I want that power and you're denying it to me," the demon said angrily.

"You harm the innocent, I cannot allow that," Alma said.

"FOOL!" the demon said angrily as it reached out with its' powers and started to strangle Alma.

"NO! GRANDMA!" Dinah screamed as she watched her grandmother being dragged away from her and suspended into the air.

"You really think that I would find no loophole? That I would not exploit any weakness, you made sure I could not harm them in any physical shape or form, but mentally, they are mine, and the mind once broken can do more damage than any physical wound can,"

"LET HER GO!" Dinah kept screaming but the demon ignored her.

"As well as that, you were naive enough to think that I would not come after you, or did you forget because you are so old? Either way, you are mine and I shall kill you in front of these children so that they can see what my power is, to see that they should just give up the brat that they hated and damned because her power is mine,"