Chapter 21

Lauren started to stir as she felt something soft under her. She realised that it was her bed...wait, when did she get into her bed? And what was that odd feeling on her scalp? Claws? ... why were there claws stroking her hair? Wait...was there something sitting on the bed next to her?

"Oh Lauren, you silly little girl," the deep voice said with a laugh, "Did you really think your protective charms and spells would keep me out?"

It felt sinister to Lauren as she opened her eyes and screamed at the demon that was sitting on her bed next to her.

"Oh god my ears, jeez, Lauren, I'm sorry, stop screaming," the demon tried to say only to have Clara burst through the door and gape.

"Stoic?" Clara said in surprise.

"Hello, and surprise?" the demon said sheepishly, his armour clinking every so often as he moved.

"Stoic you horrible human demon being," Lauren yelled as she slapped the demon on his shoulder and then realised whose name she had said, "Wait? Stoic?"

"Hello," he said as he waved, "I couldn't resist you were just freaking out a bit too much and I thought it'd be funny to scare you a bit as a prank, guess it backfired,"

"YOU THINK? For a demon who's supposed to be thousands of years old and supposedly wise, you sure came up with the most dumbass idea for a prank to pull on people who've just been through hell, granted five months ago but still, PLUS you decide it's hilarious to stroke my hair, as I'm sleeping, AFTER I pass out, yeah good job Mr Creepy,"

"It's been five months?" Stoic as he changed to human form back in his suit and tie.

"YES,"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry I scared you, jeez, can you please stop yelling at me?"

"Fine," Lauren said as she crossed her arms and huffed, "You're really back?"

"Yep, have to say I'm really surprised, but I'm happy I'm back," Stoic said with a smile.

"How?" Clara asked, "And one moment,"

Clara chucked some Holy Water into Stoic's face as he made a face with his eyes closed, "So, do you believe that it's me?" he asked as he opened his eyes.

"One second," she said as she threw another holy object at him which he caught, "Yep, I'm happy, oh wait,"

She then ran out of the room, grabbed her camera, came back and took his photo and viewed the image, "And NOW, I'm happy," she said.

"A picture?" he asked.

"Yes, this is a special camera, it catches the negative and the bad energies, if you were one you'd show up a different way on this camera's footage as opposed to just a normal picture,"

"Cool, so, what's been happening?"

"How about you tell us how you're here? I mean you're dead,"

"Well, I was, but something weird happened, I was somehow back on that heavenly plane but I was badly hurt, I think they put me in some facility to recuperate and heal as they pieced me back together, apparently the big boss said that he was willing to give me one more chance for what I've done for his creation, so yeah, I only just woke up again not too long ago so I've missed out on what's been happening, plus time does tend to run differently there,"

"So you're back to help humanity again?"

"Yep, until I die or it's judgement day,"

"What about your family?"

"They're good and safe, I got to see Normani, my Normani, and our daughter again for a while before I came back here, so yeah, they're safe and they're happy, but they know I have a job to do back here on Earth so here I am,"