Chapter 13

"It's a trick, it has to be," Dinah said.

"No sweetie, her heart gave out, Miss Parish was there and she watched as her little girl died," Milika said.

Dinah sat down properly on her bed before looking at her mother, "I need to see her,"

"Sweetie,"

"NO, I HAVE to see her," Dinah said, "She can't be gone, we just became friends, and you know me I don't do friends besides Ally and sometimes Lo when we're not bitching at each other, and now Mani and Kehlani,"

"Listen you have to accept that sometimes these things happen,"

"No, not this time, this thing took Zara, okay, he killed a good girl, and I'll be damned if he gets Lani,"

"Dinah,"

"I know what I know Mama, now I know I'm not pure energy or whatever or super powered like Normani but I do know this, Kehlani isn't dead, not yet, I can feel it,"

"Dinah?"

"Please trust me on this Mama, Kehlani once told me at camp that if something were to happen to her she'd come to me, she's not here,"

Milika  sighed as she looked at her daughter,"Okay DJ, I trust you, I'll drive you, okay, if you get distracted and if that thing has more minions they could create a car accident and kill you,"

"True," Dinah sniffed, "Mama call Miss Parrish, okay, call her and tell her not to let the morgue cut her up, not yet, I think it's important that we do NOT cut her up,"

"Okay Dinah, but how about you tell her on the way?"

Dinah nodded her head.

"Okay, so tell me again, what are you thinking?" Milika asked her daughter as they drove quickly to the hospital.

"About what?" Dinah asked.

"Kehlani, why don't you want them to take her to the morgue just yet?"

"When I was in that room, that demon told me it was going to give her a heart attack, natural cause or something like that, and it was already starting by the time I hit it with whatever spell came to my mind, but what if it wasn't a heart attack as I was thinking of it? What if he literally attacked her heart and made it slow down,"

"Okay?"

"Slowing it down enough to mimic death,"

"Oh my god,"

"Yeah, see where I'm going with this?"

"So they cut her open to examine her, they kill her for them,"

"Yes, exactly, torture before her death, even better for the demon if she wakes up, screams, and then dies from shock in the middle of the autopsy,"

"That's sick,"

"That's a demon, pull in Mama, I'll run in, meet you there,"

"Okay, see you soon,"

Dinah ran as quickly as she could to where she knew Kehlani's room was. When she got there she could see Miss Parrish inside with Kehlani's body.

"Hey Miss Parrish," Dinah said as she ran to Kehlani's side.

"Dinah, hello," Her mom said.

"Hello Doc,"

"Hello, guess you're the reason why I'm not moving this body to the morgue," the doctor said adjusting his glasses.

"Anyone tell you that you look almost like the Chief from Grey's Anatomy?" Dinah said as she stood next to Kehlani, "So, okay, I'll confess, I'm hoping to get into Medicine at Harvard, and I've been reading a lot of shi...take mushrooms about things in medicine,"