Chapter 5

this chapter will provide a bit of background

"What are we going to do?" Kehlani thought out loud.

"I don't know," Lauren said as she tried to cautiously approach.

"Careful, if she is still possessed that thing controlling her could in turn harm us,"

"Okay,"

When the four approached the pair, they heard Normani suddenly laugh and say as she raised her small arms into the air, "HA, I AM THE MASTER,"

Without thinking, Dinah was the first to speak, or rather yell, at the small brunette.

"Normani get off her," Dinah commanded loudly not thinking about the right way to approach the situation making the other three jump at the potential reaction.

Normani looked up in shock and fell off Zara's back and began to cry because she landed on the concrete.

"What the?" Zara started as she got up, "Normani are you okay?"

"I hurt," Mani cried as Zara picked her up.

"Zara?" Lani started.

"Oh hey Lani, girls," Zara said nonchalant as she turned and saw the four looking at her as if they'd seen a ghost.

"What the hell? We thought she got you," Dinah said in shock.

"Who got me?" Zara asked.

"Normani,"

"Well she did, that's why I was on the ground, we were playing cops and robbers and she beat me, I was surrendering, but apparently I'm too big and she has to prove she's the best so she stood on my back,"

"No, we thought she got you, as in you would now be sleeping with the fishes got you,"

"Huh?"

"I got your phone call, you were screaming for my help," Lani said.

"What phone call? I never called you," Zara said.

"Yes you did,"

"Uh, no I didn't, I told you guys to call me when it was okay to bring her home again, we've been here this whole time and having fun,"

"Until I fell on my butt," Normani said in an annoyed tone and sniffed as Ally went to Zara and took Mani out of her arms.

"How about this, we go get an ice cream?" she said to her.

"Really? Even though it's not dinner?"

"Yeah, it'll give Kehlani, Dinah and Zara a chance to talk,"

"Okay, ICE CREAM, YAY, oh wait, Lauren are you coming too?"

"Uh," Lauren started as Normani shot her her doe eyes.

As a sixteen year old, Lauren had to admit that when Normani was staring at her with her true innocent doe eyes she was quite adorable, as a child however...she was so adorable Lauren felt like she was about to melt from the cuteness.

"Okay, okay, I'll come along," she said finally as Normani yelled out a 'Yay,' before she, Ally and Lauren walked away leaving Zara with Kehlani and Dinah.

"Right, so what's going on?" Zara asked, "And why do you guys look so spooked?"

"I, we, I received a phone call from you," Kehlani said.

"And like I said, I never called you, perhaps it was someone else?"

"No, the person sounded exactly like you,"