Chapter 20

As Dinah lead Lauren out of the now empty Hamilton house, Zara, Clara, and Milika decided to do one more run through to make sure that everything was cleansed properly as it should be.

They found no more holes, no more cracks, whatever Normani had done, it had done the the job.

"Well, I guess she did it," Clara said.

"Hey guys, look what I found," Zara said holding up a Ouija Board.

"Where'd you find that?"

"In the master bedroom, I was looking for cracks and found this against one of the walls,"

"Give it to me,"

Zara quickly did as asked as Clara was glaring intensely at her, although now that she thought of it, she realised that she was glaring at the board.

"What are you going to do with it?" Zara asked.

"I'm going to hit Derrick over the head with it, and then I'm going to burn it, and then I shall curse his stupidity," Clara answered.

"In that order?"

"In that order,"

Zara just gave her a nod as she took a step back, "I'm, uh, I don't know what to say," she said.

"Thank you Zara, but perhaps you should head off home now and rest, even a shade should rest no matter how much she thinks she doesn't need to," Clara said softly.

"I'm sorry about Normani, and I'm sad because she was a good kid,"

"Me too,"

"Thanks for helping out,"

"You should thank Dinah, she was the one who brought it to our attention on how to bring you back,"
Zara just nodded her head at that, "I'll tell her tomorrow, I think tonight it's best that I don't say thank you for bringing me back since Lauren is hurting more than the rest of us,"

Clara just nodded her head as she now wondered how she was going to be able to comfort her heartbroken daughter.

At the front of the house, Lauren was sitting in Dinah's car gazing at nothing out the window with the Tongan in the driver seat and unsure of what to say as she stared at the driver's wheel.

"You want to stay over with me?" Dinah asked after some time.

"No, I'll be okay," Lauren answered hollowly.

"You sure?"

"Yeah,"

"Lo, maybe Ally and I should come over to yours then?"

"She'll never know that I actually liked her back," Lauren said suddenly not answering Dinah's question.

"She knew Lo," Dinah said with a level of certainty.

"No she didn't, I just couldn't say it and now I'll never get to,"

"But I'm sure she knew Lo, sometimes you don't need to say anything,"

"And sometimes you do,"

Dinah just sat back in her seat, "You know Dinah, I'll never know if she truly forgave me for all the bullshit, I'll never know if she would accept my apologies," Lauren said.

"Lo, she wanted to marry you and she said so herself that she wanted to be with you, that she was serious about it, she wouldn't have said that if she didn't forgive you," Dinah said.

Lauren didn't say anything as she gazed out the window.

"Lo, you're going to be okay, eventually," Dinah said.