Chapter 22

AN: Okay Everyone, This is It. The final/last chapter of Inner Child's Demon

Epilogue: Twenty Years Later

Darkness is what Nobody was experiencing now, darkness, pain, and fear - more because Lauren was worried for Normani's safety than her own. She was currently inside a house on her own as she tried to hunt down a fire demon that broke its' way out of hell and began wrecking havoc in a poor family's home. After determining that the thing wasn't attached to anyone in the house, be they meaning adult, child, or pet; Normani had the home owners and their family sent away so she could do her job and battle it.

The knocking was always a dead giveaway, why demons thought it was funny to knock on things she'll never understand but if what Cain had said when he was alive was true, demons and bad spirits just thought it was great to mess around with people's heads.

According to Lauren and Ally, this place had no known history, unlike that last place the group helped out which was rife with a sad and violent history, the only thing that Normani could think of was that the older kids must have played a ritual game with spells they knew nothing about; boy did that bring back fond memories of her High School year when she was just a little four year old and her 'babysitters' had to look after her.
Why? May you ask, were Kehlani, Ally, Zara, and Dinah not helping her out? Well, Kehlani was working another case with Dinah in the state over with Zara; Ally was at home with her and Dinah's ten year old twin girls and five year old son.
Stoic on the other hand was with her as was Lauren; who fought and won an argument with Normani about coming with her that night because the green eyed girl argued that it was a terrible idea for Normani to go alone, even if Stoic were going she was still at the house alone. The only consolation that Normani did get was that her now very heavily pregnant and almost about to pop wife was going to be stuck in the tech truck monitoring the house and Stoic was going to be about the house perimeter to keep an eye on things.

"Mommy?" a little voice said making Normani freeze. Either this was a trick being played on her mind by the demon or a certain someone was about to get into very big, big, BIG doggy doo-doo. Why couldn't Normani say the word, 'Shit,' anymore? Well, apparently swearing wasn't allowed anymore because the crew were having and have had children.

"Mommy?" the little voice said again.

'Oh crap,' Normani thought as she slowly turned to see a little girl walking through the house.

"Mommy?!" the little girl was getting more annoyed now.

"Hello little fresh meat," the demon said.

The little girl screamed and cast a blast at the demon making the demon roar at her.

"Um fire, so water, take water," the little girl screamed as she sent a jug full of water, (though why the hell there was a water jug just sitting there on the front table in the house's hallway, Normani didn't know), flying into the demon's face causing him to scream in pain.

"Oh god, AMBER!" Normani said as she ran towards the little girl and grabbed her before running out of the door of the house and putting a protective block on the door so that the demon wouldn't be allowed to escape before yelling, "Cataracta you get your demon ass here right now,"

"Angel, god, think you'd remember after all these years," Stoic said as he appeared in human form in front of her.

Normani glared at him.