Two

"Hello, who is this?"

"It's Abby, this is Katie right?"

"Um, yeah sorry I didn't check my caller ID."

"That's no problem. So how are you?"

"I'm good, how about you?" So far this conversation is really awkward. I mean Abby talks to me every now and then by usually it's done through text or face time when the girls are with her at the studio. But clearly the season hasn't started up so I know shes not with them.

"I'm doing quite well actually, how's your mom doing?"

"She's getting better, just getting through these last five Chemotherapy treatments I guess."

"That's really good, I'm glad to hear that. You're staying healthy as well I hope?"

"Yep, I've been fine."

"Good. Katie so I was wondering, and this is going to be completely up to you and your mom. I want you to pick what you think will be the best for you right now and I won't be mad either way..." I bite my lip confused and almost nervous. "What do you think about coming back to the ALDC for season eight?"

I pause for a minute completely caught off guard by the question. Honestly I have no idea what to think about this. Am I ready? Would I just be hurting the team by coming back?

"Would it be okay if I called you later and let you know. I don't think I can make up my mind right now."

"Of course! Take as long as you need. I didn't mean you had to decided right then and there."

"Okay thanks, I'm actually having dinner with Liv's family right now, I'm sorry to go."

"Oh no problem Katie, love you bye."

"Bye love you." The call ends and my mind is suddenly filled with swarming thoughts.

I walk back into the dinning room to finish up eating. I need something to distract myself or my brain is going to burst.

"Who was that?" My mom asks as I returned.

"That was Abby."

"Oh, what did she want?"

"I'll talk to you later about it." I push the question aside not really wanting to get into this right now.

"Okay." My mom nods. "Everything's okay right?"

"Yeah, its fine. I'm okay." I continue eating my meal and my mom nods probably making a mental note to have a conversation with me later.

***

Goodbyes flew around the room and suddenly the whole house was much quieter.

"That was fun." My mom shutting the front door.

"Yup." I agree as we both started walking to the living room. I plop down on the couch pulling up Instagram as my mom turned the television on.

"Oh Katie you never told me about what Abby wanted?"

"Oh well yeah... I don't know."