Eight

We've just arrived at the venue the event is taking place at and from my understanding we're going to be outside on a rolled out pink carpet and there is going to be cool stuff to do. Then inside the show is going to start and they are going to talk about the organization and probably share some stories etcetera.

All of our group is meeting before we head inside. It seems like we are the last to arrive though.

"Awe everyone looks so pretty!" I gush as I see everyone's dresses.

"You look very pretty yourself little miss Katie." Jill who I didn't realize was here replies.

"Thank you." I smile.

"So what's going on at the studio?" Jill asks. The dreaded subject that I'd rather not talk about. I knew we would end up talking about what's going on with dance but I didn't expect it to be so early on.

"Actually not much of anything. Katie was the only one who actually got to practice today. Other than Abby's beloved minis of course, which are probably with her practicing right now." Ashlee answers rolling her eyes when she first mentions the Minis.

"Abby missing Kendall yet?"

"Oh yeah she might not be showing it, but she sure needs Kendall right now." Melissa states her opinion and Jill nods her head.

"So are you coming back tomorrow?" Nia slightly bites the corner of her lip.

"Uh, that's up to Kendall." Jill looks to her daughter.

"Kendall... what do you think?" Nia faces Kendall who has her eyebrows smashed together in thought. She's clearly trying to figure out what to do.

"I want to come back, but then again I don't. I'll sleep on it." Kendall decides to take some time to herself to figure things out. Personally I hope and think she will come back. She just has to. Things like this can't just happen. Can they? No of course they can't. Kendall needs to come back. She will come back. We all nod our heads completely understanding Kendall's decision.

"Well whatever you pick I'm sure it will be for the best." Brynn pats Kendall's shoulder.

"Yeah..." Kendall drags out the word silencing all of us. It's one of those awkward unwanted silences that I absolutely despise. They simply aren't welcome in the world of Katie.

"Should we go in?" My mom tries to stop the awkwardness.

"Uh yeah, let's go have fun!" Holly agrees and we all start walking toward the entrance together. As we walk we get bombarded with paparazzi following us and asking us questions as we prepare to enter.

"Katie are you back on dance moms?"

"Katie Rose does your mom still have cancer?"

"Katie could you stop and pose for us?"

"Katie can we interview you real fast."

We just have to keep speed walking to hurry up and get into the event.

"Sorry we can't answer questions right now." I answer trying to get away from the flashing lights.