Twenty Five

For some reason Abby wanted to eat breakfast with Maddie, I, and our moms so we go to the dining area of the hotel. The four of us head there to meet up with Abby. Apparently Abby has some big news for us and we can only wonder what it is.

I'm currently wearing this really cute black sweater with roses on the sleeves paired with some perfectly ripped jeans. Underneath I have my dance stuff on so I don't have to go all the way back up to the room after breakfast to change.

For breakfast I get a stack of pancakes and drizzle maple syrup, chocolate syrup, and pour some mini chocolate chips on top. Delicious.

"Good morning ladies." Abby greets us. A choir of mornings back are shared as we take seats around the table Abby is sitting at.

"So what's the big news you have for the girls?" My Mom asks upon placing her plate down.

"Well..." Abby drags out her words and then starts recording Maddie and I with her phone. This must be big news if she's recording us. Or it might be something stupid I have no idea. "I'm sure you know that the teen choice awards will be coming up soon." My eyes widen and I drop my fork to my plate in shock. "Both of you girls have been placed on the round one draft ballot for the Teen Choice Awards Choice Dancer."

"Sweet!" Maddie says happily.

"Are you serious? The Teen Choice Awards?" I ask utterly shocked. I watch the TCA's every year and I couldn't even imagine ever being there let alone being up for an award. This is something people watch all across America and I'm sure other places as well. Being placed on the draft ballot does not at all guarantee a spot on the final ballot but it's crazy that I even have a chance!

"Yes I'm serious." Abby replies laughing, "What do you girls have to say to your fans for putting you on the draft ballot?"

"I just would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and helped me get on this ballot for the third year in a row." Maddie smiles.

"Katie?" Abby directs the attention to me.

"I would like to say that this is so crazy to me and it's not even processing. I never would've imagined getting nominated for a Teen Choice Award this is insane to me." I say completely mind blown.

"These girls are really thankful for you fans out there!" Melissa adds.

Abby stops recording and posts that video to her Instagram. We take a couple pictures for Maddie and I's Instagram as well. I post a picture of Maddie and I behind our delicious food. Captioned, A victory breakfast with @MaddieZiegler because we just got placed on the draft ballots of for the TCA's Choice Dancer! Thank you for getting me to this position this would've never happened without amazing people like you! Hit the link in my bio to help me get on the round two ballot! Thank you @TheRealAbbyLee for the victory breakfast!

Abby starts reading off some of the other nominees for the round one draft ballot. She gets through all of them but she stops on one name in particular, "Ew Chloe Lukasiak..." Abby makes a disgusted face.

I know the feud between the Lukasiak and ALDC. They are definitely not welcome anywhere near the Abby Lee Dance Company. Melissa even has social media fights from time to time with Christi. "Yeah she's nothing to worry about." Melissa says quickly, "Chloe isn't even as big as she use to be."