Twenty Seven

I enter the dance studio sipping a pink drink wearing a cute red adidas set with adidas shoes and I've never felt more basic than in this moment alone. Brynn and I woke up early this morning just so we had a chance to walk to Starbucks before dance. However it was totally worth it for this delightful drink. While we were there, Brynn stole my phone and put pictures and videos galore all over my Snapchat story. Plus today is our last rehearsal day because tomorrow is all going to be about the Astra Awards. It's such a busy week.

I'm determined to have a better day today than yesterday. Positive outlooks and friendships are definitely being help onto tightly today. My phone starts ringing and it's an incoming call from Brynn. I continue walking to the den as I pick up her FaceTime call. "Hey girl!" I say.

"Oh hey, how has Australian been?" Liv asks.

"It's been great, it's so pretty here." I reply.

"I guess I wouldn't know because you haven't called me or texted me once since you left." Liv doesn't sound happy at all.

"Liv I'm sorry I've just been so busy lately with dance, drama, and—"

"Sitting by fountains and cuddling your boy toy?" Liv snaps.

"Don't call him a boy—"

"Listen I don't know what happened to my best friend but this isn't her. My best friend would've called me right after it happened and told me everything. My best friend would've called me almost everyday in Australia. My best friend would've known my freaking dog died." Liv starts tearing up.

"Liv I'm so sorry I never meant for this to happen." I say sincerely. I don't want to loose one of my best friends. I've known Liv for practically my whole life and we've never really gotten into a fight like this. I feel so bad too because I know how much she loves her dog. I loved her dog too and I didn't even know he died.

"Forget it. Im sure you have to go sit on a couch a drink that pink drink." Liv hangs up the phone on me. This hurts a lot. I have been a bad friend and I wish I could fix this. I try texting her, calling her, FaceTiming her but she ignores me on all platforms. Since she won't answer me on anything the best thing I can do to get her attention is post on Instagram. So I select a cute picture of the two of us laughing on a bench in New York captioned, Miss you, text me! 💔

I mentally yell at myself for being so stupid. She's got to text me soon. I feel so bad. Although I don't have much time to sulk in my sadness because Abby wants to work the competition group first thing today.

"Brynn you've got to get it together! I thought you would've figured that out by now!" Abby shouts.

Nearly a second later Jess walks into the room. "Hey Abby, if Brynn is struggling so much with this group why don't you put Jojo in? She knows the whole routine anyways." Jess explains casually. Oh great. This can't end well.

Abby shrugs her shoulders, "Okay let's try running through it with Jojo." Abby says.

"But I won the solo so I'm going to be in the routine right?" Brynn asks politely.

Abby shrugs her shoulders, "Everyone's replaceable." Jess smiles mischievously then exits the room. Jojo and Brynn switch and I can see a disappointment in Brynn's eyes.

Jojo does the routine and I'm not going to lie, she did really good. She was definitely more explosive than Brynn. Though I know that Brynn can be more dynamic is she really puts everything into her becoming this character. It seems like a toss up between what looks good now and what's potentially good later. Why did Abby have to start this big ruckus for our first week in Australia? Hip Hop is so risky for us, the ALDC always has a hit or miss, and I'm for sure hoping we don't start this trip out with a miss. Abby would be so mad at us if we did.