Four

I entered with a smile on my face and the rest of the girls and I made our way to the dancer's den where we met up with the minis. Abby had laid out ALDC apparel she wanted us to wear. This was typical for pyramid days, but basically for the rest of the week we got to wear whatever we want unless Abby had a special request.

We changed into the apparel which was red and gold Dance tops with black booty shorts. This has to be new dance wear and I liked the look of it. The Minis however were decked out in hot pink leotards and black booty shorts. They look so cute!

"Girls pyramid." Gia peaks her head into the den.
All of us walk into the hallway goofing around and chatting. Everyone files into Studio A and gets into lines.

"Girls quiet down we're going to get started!" Abby catches everyones attention as she enters the room.

My gaze shifts from her to the oddly shaped pyramid on the mirror. It was a long row with only two pictures centered in a row on top of it. That's definitely odd. The Mini's pyramid is perfectly normal, so what's wrong with ours? I clearly wasn't here at the last nationals competition so I don't really know what to expect for this pyramid. Hopefully things will go well but you never know here at the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"I'd like to start by welcoming back Katie and Amanda to the team." Everyone claps as both my mom and I smile. Honestly speaking, I am glad to be back, everyone here is like family. Now I know I've made the right decision by coming back here. "You both look very beautiful today." Abby gives a sentimental smile toward my mom whose head is covered by a baby pink baseball cap.

"Thank you." My mom replies for the both of us even though the comment was particularly aimed at her.

"Now ladies we've made it to season eight. This season I want you to strive to be better than you ever have been before. Especially for you elites. You are all getting older and if you don't work as hard as you possibly can now, five or ten years down the road nobody's going to know your name. A lot of you think, I'll just work on that skill later but meanwhile there's another little girl out there getting better, progressing, improving her technique, and overall becoming a better dancer. Better than you. If you decide not to work hard now, don't forget that everyone's replaceable. I've got a thousand other girls who would be happily willing to take your spot on this team." Abby pauses letting everything sink in for a moment.

"I'm going to go ahead and start with the mini's pyramid." Abby announces as she walks over to where the pyramid had been set up on the mirror. "Now you all know I think six is the perfect number of dancers for a group. So I've found another girl and I think she's going to make a great addition to the mini team. Sammy and Victoria!"

I recognized the little girl Sammy who I had spotted doing really well in a class the day Rebecca, Colleen, and Rachel had spent the day with Maddie and I. She was a little rockstar in that class. I'm not surprised that Abby decided to give her a shot at the team.

"Sammy would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Uh sure. My name is Samantha but I go by Sammy. My mom's name is Victoria and my favorite style of dance is Contemporary." The little black haired girl named Sammy speaks. She seems really nervous, I assume she'll eventually get over that.

"And how old are you Sammy?"

"I'm eight years old."

"Alexus isn't replaceable if that's what you're trying to do here." Stacey cuts in due to the fact her daughter is also eight.