Seventeen

Late last night or very early this morning if you want to get technical, we touched down in the good old Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I was only half awake while this all went down but Kalani, Kira, My mom, Jill, Kendall and I arrived at the Vertes's house. Kendall, Kalani, and I stumbled up the stairs and all fell asleep in Kendall's room. My mom got the guest bedroom and Kira got the other guest bedroom. Last night was very foggy because I was so sleepy but that's about all that I remember.

When the alarm goes off in the morning I pop up in the bed with a smile on my face as the other two groan. I only woke up so happy and easily because I'm so beyond excited to finally get to experience the original studio. "Get up! Get up!" I parade Kendall and Kalani out of bed like a kid on Christmas. "I will drag the two of you out of bed if you guys don't hurry up!" I say opening my luggage to find my dance clothes for today.

"It's too early. We like just went to bed." Kendall groans into her pillow.

"You should've slept on the plane then. Now get up." I say putting on a black and red ALDC camisole with black booty shorts.

"We did sleep on the plane." Kalani wines tucking her face further into the sheets.

"You guys have five minutes before I pry you from the bed." I set a timer on my phone just really wanting to get to the studio. As I'm waiting  I put on a red and black ALDC pullover. I'm bouncing off the walls in excitement.

As I do my hair up into a bun the girls finally roll out of bed. Good for them. They wouldn't have enjoyed me ripping them away from the sheets. I've done it to Maddie several times and I will do it to them as well. "Girls we got donuts down here!" Jill yells from downstairs after the three of us have finished getting ready. Kalani, Kendall, and I skip down the steps happily for donuts and we meet everyone in the kitchen.

"You guys should have seen Katie earlier. She practically bounced out of bed with a smile on her face." Kalani says placing a glazed donut on her plate.

"If you guys don't get of of bed in five minutes I'm going to drag you from the sheets." Kendall mocks me then bites into her donut.

"I did not sound like that." I defend myself acting purely shocked.

"Yes you did." Kalanai and Kendall say at the same time.

"What can I say, I am excited." I smile and Jill, Kira, and my mom laugh.

"Imagine what she's going to be like with Australia." Jill shakes her head pouring herself some orange juice.

Kira sighs looking disappointed. "I'm not ready to go Australia yet."

"Oh why not?" My mom asks.

"I don't want to go so long without seeing my boys." Kira pouts referring to Jett, Jax, and David. They are in Arizona but at least while we're in Los Angeles they can still come and visit every once and a while. I'm Australian they clearly won't be able to do that.

"Oh Kira don't worry. It's just giving them some more dad time with David." Jill replies trying to make Kira feel better.

"Do I want that though?" Kira asks jokingly.

"Maybe not." My mom laughs.

Kalani, Kendall, and I have just been eating our donuts watching this little occurrence. "Oh Dance Moms. Always cracking themselves up." Kendall comments. The six of us finish eating breakfast then get ready to go. We fill Jill's Pittsburgh car and hit the road to the ALDC Pittsburgh."There it is." Jill motions toward the building sitting up high on the side of the road. My eyes lock on the notorious white brick building and a smile pours onto my face that I just can't make go away no matter how hard I try.  Jill pulls her car into one of the parking spaces and then we are good to head in. I hold onto my dance bag and dart out of the car to the front of the building with Kalani and Kendall. "Girls turn around so I can take your picture!" My mom stops us before we can enter. The three of us quickly turn around get out pictures taken then turn back around. I place my hand on the cool metal door and open it up.