Thirty Three

As we get to the airport a smile is still cemented to my face. Everything seems normal up until we try to board our plane. Maddie and I both get through but my mom is stopped. There's struggle written all over my mom's face.

I turn around confused as I edge toward security. "Everything alright?" I ask causing Maddie to notice and stop too. We backtrack right back to my mom but yet still on the security side since we were already allowed access.

"I can't seem to find my passport. Hang on I'm sure it's right around here." My Mom continues to dig around in her various bags ultimately not having anything to show for it.

"Do you want me to call my mom to look back at the hotel?" Maddie asks holding up her phone.

"That'd be great." My Mom says rushing. "You girls go ahead and get through security there's not much time before the plane leaves. I'll call you guys or text so you know what's going on."

"Alright, I'm sure the passport was just left at the hotel." I try to assure my mom then Maddie and I proceed on.

Maddie's phone call with Melissa did not turn out to do any good once we made it to another waiting room just before the boarding of the plane.

My phone buzzes from my mom and I pick up quickly. "Did you find the passport?" I immediately ask and put her on speaker so Maddie could hear. I'm glad the room is buzzing with chatter so it's not awkward.

"No we've looking everywhere. You and Maddie are going to have to go to LA yourselves. I know you girls will be just fine. Maddie has traveled by herself to jobs before plenty of times. Katie you never have but what better way to start than with a bang right?"

"I mean I guess." I scratch the bag of my head.

We talk more it gets decided that Maddie and I will go to LA together. Wow. Though I'm not scared at all I'm more excited. The first day we have back in LA is going to be chill and we won't be doing much of anything. Rather than opting for a hotel we will be staying at either one of our houses. No adults. Well until my mom finds her passports and gets on the first flight into LA. We are pretty responsible though and I know Maddie and I will be perfectly fine whether my mom flies in or not.

"Hey everyone this is Maddie here with Katie." Maddie leans her head on my shoulder and I smile at the phone camera. "And we're about to travel from Australia back to LA all by ourselves." Maddie starts talking and picks her head backs up. "Mommy Manda forgot her passport so she couldn't come and we have to get back to LA for something we can't really tell you all too much about. Anyway I thought what better thing to vlog a parentless time in LA. This'll be interesting. We're currently waiting to board the plane which will probably be called any minute now."

"Long flight but the payoff is going to be great." I add.

"That's right, anyways we'll catch up with you guys later!" Maddie says and we both wave bye before she stops recording.

Soon our boarding begins and we take our seats on the plane. "Okay seriously though why have you been so smiley?" Maddie asks once we're seated.

"Aiden." I simply say.

Maddie smiles shaking her head "What'd he do?" I just smile a bite my lip.

"He kissed you? Like a real kiss? Maddie practically reads my mind. That's literally how close we are.

"Yeah." I laugh, "First kiss check!"