Thirty One

"Hotel sweet home." Maddie plops down on the hotel bed once we get inside. This morning we awoke finding out that we have arrived in Adelaide and that we've made it to our hotel. We all went inside to get settled in our rooms. This week my hotel roomie is Maddie. Maddie woke up this morning and hasn't talked about the events of yesterday at all. You better bet I'm not about to bring anything up. I'd rather not plummet her mood even lower than what it is already. I'm a shoulder for her to cry on for sure but I don't want to her to talk about something if she doesn't feel like it right now.

After a quick rest Maddie and I begin getting ready for today. We'll be having pyramid at the rental studio today. I decide on wearing a black dance top and some grey leggings since there is no dress code for pyramid today. I end up doing my hair in a bun with a braid across the front and looping back around into the bun. Once my makeup is finished it's pretty much time to go.

The hotel we booked is right next door to the studio so we get to just walk next door and head inside.

"We'll be in that room for pyramid so everyone needs to head on in." Gia points to one of the rooms.

We walk inside standing in our lines. Nobody says a word as we wait for Abby to come in.

"So this is what we're left with..." Abby walks in and glances at all of us. It feels like she's a drill Sargent with her eye hot as they meet us. "Abby looks at the pyramid and back at us. She get ready to readjust the pyramid and completely take the missing girls off of it.

"Oops sorry were late." Jess comes in with Ashlee, Jojo, and Brynn.

"Pyramid time." Ashlee says sing song like as they take their places in the lines.

Abby just glares at them. She knew they would come and of course they had to do it in this such way. "Let's just begin." Abby says grinding her teeth together. "I'm not happy about the competition." Abby crosses her arms.

"Which is why you're at the bottom of the pyramid," Abby stares at Brynn as she tears the paper away from the wall. "Brynn. You let let your team down and almost got mowed to the ground by Mackenzie. A mistake so large you caused your team to get third place in groups. However you wouldn't know that would you because you left early and made everyone else look bad while you hid yourself like a coward."

"Don't call my daughter a coward." Ashlee snaps. "That mistake alone did not cost the team first place. There were technical things wrong with the dance too. Hip hop is a hit or miss at the ALDC. They would've lost whether Brynn messed up or not."

Abby rolls her eyes, "Shut up Ashlee I don't want to listen to your big stupid mouth right now. Blah blah blah that's all I hear from you."

"Abby you need to realize you need Brynn whether you like it or not." Ashlee states.

Abby shrugs, "Everyone's replaceable."

Brynn gives her mom a look as in to stop pressing Abby further and surprisingly Ashlee does stop. It seems like us kids have had more of an impact on our parent's behavior lately.

"Next on the pyramid." Another cover ripped off, "Jojo. The only reason why you're here instead of way higher is because you let your mom drag you away after the competition. You need to stay the full time required. We're a team. Stick together you understand?"