Five

"Very well done Katie. We'll finish this up tomorrow. Would you please let everyone know that we're going to break for lunch. One hour today." Abby informs me as we finish working on my solo for now.

"Alright, thank you." I smile as I leave the studio room. I walk into the den and take a drink of water. "Lunch break one hour." I say to everyone.

"Sweet. The moms ordered Jimmy Johns a little bit ago." Nia replies.

"Oh yum, do you know what I'm getting?"

"Nope."

"Let it be a surprise then." I laugh to lazy to go ask.

"Katie come here." My mom signals for me to come out into the hallway.

I follow her and she leads me out back in the parking lot. Of course the camera crew follows us.

"Hey I just wanted to get a breather and check in and see how things are going."

"I'm good."

"But how are you really?" My mom bit at the corner of her lip nervously.

"No I'm really fine. I think it was the right time for me to come back with you almost done with chemo and everything's starting to settle."

"I'm glad to hear that, and the girls are good too?"

"Yeah of course. They've been really supportive but we're all kind of wondering why Abby is pretty much avoiding working with us."

"I don't think it's so much that she's avoiding you guys, I think she's just a little bit too busy with the mini team."

"Yeah, I wish she could just split the time evenly so we can have a chance to work on everything."

"Me too, the Minis are becoming an even bigger distraction than they were last season."

"I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely love the Minis. I just wish there was enough time for the both of us."

"Right, I agree completely. Anyway so what do you think about your solo? I thought it looked pretty good."

"Yeah I really like it."

"Okay well I've got a doctors appointment so I'll be back later."

"Okay love you."

"Love you too." I gave her a hug then she went to the car to leave as I made my way back inside.

"Foods here!" Ashlee shouts as I come in causing all the girls to come toward her.

We got our food and my surprise meal being a smoked ham club sandwich. It was pretty good.

"I wonder how papa felt about having a kid." Mackenzie says randomly.

"What the heck are you talking about child?" I ask completely confused.

"You know Jimmy, Papa's kid."

"I don't get it."

"The John's family."

"Oh my gosh Kenz! Papa Johns and Jimmy Johns!" I laugh in realization.

"Yeah them!" Mackenzie says excitedly trying to hold back a laugh.

"You're such a dork." I say laughing.

"I know." Mackenzie confirms causing me to roll my eyes. After we finish talking about Mackenzie's weird thoughts, we finish our meals and head back into the den.

"Girls I would just like to let you all know I just talked to the producer and we will not be rehearsing tomorrow due to the Lifetime Dance Moms Photoshoot." Abby announces walking into the den.