Twenty Four

In the morning we all get up and get ready for the long day ahead of us. Since it's a pyramid day we all have to wear matching red sports bras with black booty shorts with mandatory pony tails. No buns today or braids today. I get into my mom's rental car and we head to the location of the studio we're using this week.

"How are you feeling about this week?" My Mom asks me as she drives. Lifetime has a camera in our car today to record some of our conversation like they do periodically. 

"I don't know really. It's probably going to be super stressful though with the Astra awards and all that."

"Well you've never had a problem learning dances quickly so I'm sure you be fine."

"Yeah I hope so. I just hope Abby doesn't make a big deal out of the Jojo and Brynn thing. Jojo did say she didn't want to dance for the ALDC anymore if this is how it's going to be. I just don't want her to get pushed over the edge." I admit. "I need my bow bow."

"I know." My mom laughs, "Trust me, you know how Jojo is. She's rock hard and she's not going to let a little dance drive her over the edge."

"I know, I have faith in my bow bow. She'll be fine." I proudly and confidently affirm, "I just hope Abby is in a good mood for Pyramid because we did after all have an amazing group routine that a lot of people got blown away by."

"If she's not in a good mood we're going to have some issues."

"Mom please don't start anything." I sigh. The last thing I need this week is mama drama.

"Alright, alright, I'll try to stay out of it." My mom assures me but I'm not to confident in her answer.

"Thank you." I reluctantly say even though I don't fully believe her.

Abby made sure to reserve a studio that is fairly close to the hotel we booked so it's not a long commute. My mom and I walk inside to the little studio. The white building glows in the sunlight and it's pretty cool because the rooms we have reserved are on the fourth floor of a preforming art building. Dancing high up is going to be pretty neat. In the hallway there is an open area with couches for the mothers to sit on, plus a tv with audio so the mothers can tell what's going on in the studio. There is also a den like room with a little kitchen and a giant table our mothers are totally going to make us do school at later.

"Girls! Pyramid is going to be in here!" Gia shouts for all to hear and opens up a door to a room and has everyone come in.

We line up in the typical lines in front of the mirror with the mothers out to the side. The nervous chatter of the room instantly stops when Abby walks into the room. "Hello ladies and welcome to the gorgeous Australia for the fabulous Ultimate Australia Tour Round Two!" Abby gloats about the tour. "We've had a while off from dance since the last competition but I still expect nothing but the best. This is your time to showcase your talents to another country. I want to make a grand entrance here in Australia so you girls better win this weekend. Because not only do you girls have the competition but you also are attending the Astra awards and preforming. Which means you all also have to learn that dance. Now I'd love to tell you the assignments now but let's dig into the pyramid first." Abby peals away the first paper from the wall.

"Jojo." Abby says and everyone's eyes dart to Jess and Jojo. At the competition they left in an Uber and then left town after the competition because they were so furious with Abby. They did come to Australia with a little bit of persuasion but that does not mean that they still aren't mad about the whole situation. "I gave you and Brynn the same solo. Gold Digger. I said that whoever wins will be the lead for the first week here in Australia and the other kid won't even be in the dance. You got second."