Nine

"It'll all be alright. Just don't pay any attention to the drama just be yourself. Dance like nobody's watching and everything will turn out just fine." My mom gives me a pep talk as we sit in her car out back in the parking lot. I had just finished telling her how stressed I was about today and how terrible the drama has been.

"Hopefully." I say my voice clearly evident of doubt.

"Hey. Katie don't stress out. You have nothing to worry about. Haven't the dances always gotten done before competition?" My mom asks trying to prove her point.

"Yes."

"Than this time will be no different. Just promise me you'll do your best."

"I promise." I give my mom a smile with the full intent to keep my promise. I'm glad she gave me that pro talk. Her pep talks aren't typically the best but on occasion it's like I'm getting advice from Oprah Winfrey herself. Now if you are going to get a pep talk from my mom... Hopefully you ask her on one of the rare days when the talks are actually useful. Otherwise you might as well just avoid getting pep talks from her. It's definitely the luck of the draw.

"We should probably get inside and see what's going on shouldn't we?"

"Yep." I say collecting my things getting prepared to go inside.

Even though the pep talk did make me feel about ninety ninety percent better, there is still that one percent that is making me feel uneasy. Let's just say there is quite an array of reasons why that is. First being the Kendall issue. Personally I don't know if Kendall is coming back today, tomorrow, or even ever. Obviously I'm hoping she'll come back but there is still this ever so slight chance she will avert to an alternate path. That being said if she desires something else we'd have to deal with the issue of Abby wanting to replace her. Or in the best circumstance where Kendall does come back, we'd have to deal with the drama that would cause. In my mind at least, the fight with her coming back would only last a week maybe two at most if Abby is really truly enraged. Looking at the big picture it'd probably just be best if Kendall came back, so I will keep hoping she does.

The second reason why I'm so stressed is because Abby was suppose to find a girl to replace Kendall for the group dance. This girl is going to need to be able to learn how to work with us and learn choreography fast considering our one day time limit. Aside from the girl herself I can already tell some of the mother's are going to be all over this new girl's mother. Mainly because they miss Jill and don't want Kendall replaced, but also because the mother's are prone to causing drama with new people. It's the science of Dance Moms. Now if Abby didn't even find someone to dance with us in the group, that a whole new ordeal in itself.

We head inside and I immediately start scanning the premises to see if there are any new faces. Particularly looking for one Abby might have gotten for the group dance we only have a day to learn.

"Good Morning ladies! Katie get dressed you're the first one here." Abby welcomes my mother and I as we walk in. She is walking down the hallway in the direction of the office. Judging by her actions I would go on a limb and say she's in a much better mood. Hopefully it will last.

I go into the den and change into a pink top and black bottoms. The other girls join me when they arrive as well. Kendall however does not... I had just completed the perfect French braid for Lily when Abby's voice blast through the den. "Elites I want everyone in studio A!"