Chapter 13: Friend or Foe?

As he sat in the seat across from the annoying first year Ravenclaws, Draco felt a cold glare sinking through his skin. The blond haired Slytherin knew exactly who was causing the cold feeling... it could only be one person.

Snape.

Draco looked up from his lap and glanced over to the head of Slytherin. Snape mouthed something that looked an awful lot like "You disgust me". Draco felt himself shiver. Snape stared at him with fury burning in his eyes, his teeth gritting against eachother as he clenched his fists.

Draco felt himself sweat. He looked away from Snape's cruel look and glanced towards Potter. He felt himself turn a little pink as he watched him frantically chatting with Weasley.

What did he see in him? Weasley was--well, a Weasley! Weasleys are nothing but blood traitors who can barely afford to be attending Hogwarts. Draco sneered as he watched the two boys laugh together.

In their short time of being apart, had Potter forgotten about Draco? He seemed fine as he chatted with his best friend, like nothing had happened between him and Draco a few minutes ago. Draco couldn't understand. Why was Potter acting as if everything was okay? Nothing was okay. Not now.

------------------------------------------

Ron broke into a large grin.

"What?" Harry quizzed, stuffing bacon into his mouth.
"Guess what day it is!" Ron commanded, looking at Harry with sparkling eyes.
Harry hesitated. "Er-- Wednesday?" He replied unsurely. Ron narrowed his eyes.
"It's Christmas Eve!" He announced, looking at Harry in disbelief. Harry gasped. "Oh, I completely forgot!"

Ron smirked. "Things between you and Malfoy are just so distracting, huh?" He joked, playfully elbowing Harry in the side.

Harry blushed. "Shut up." He commanded as Ron snickered. "So what about you and Hermione?" Harry argued, trying to completely embarrass his best friend. He smirked as Ron's face turned red.

"What about us?" He squealed, obviously embarrassed. "Oh nothing..." Harry lied. He definitely knew something was going on between the two, and he would from now on take any chance he had to make fun of Ron for it. You know, to get back at him for the Malfoy thing.

Ron's face returned back to it's normal color as he looked over Harry's shoulder with narrowed eyes.

"What's wrong with your boyfriend?" Ron asked, playfully referring to Malfoy. Harry felt his face turn tomato red. "I haven't a boyfriend, Ron!" He rebuked.

Ron snickered. "No? What's he doing leaving breakfast so soon?" He quizzed. Harry turned his head to see Draco sneaking out of the Great Hall. Weird. He shrugged as he turned back to face Ron.

"Dunno. How would I know?" He interrogated. Ron smirked. "Well considering you two are a 'thing' now..." he said jesterly before Harry cut him off. "We aren't a 'thing'!" He argued.

But as the words slipped through his mouth, Harry found himself questioning his previous comment. Are they a thing? Or not? He wasn't really sure... what did Draco see them as? Boyfriends? Friends? Or were they still enemies?

Harry sighed. "I need some fresh air." He announced. Ron nodded. "Go ahead, I'll be in the common room." He said.

The two boys stood from the table, nodded at eachother, and walked in two separate ways.

Harry hoped Ron didn't notice, but he followed the same direction they had just seen Draco walk to.

As he stepped through the corridors, Harry found himself searching everywhere for Draco. He had a very important question to ask him.

Were they a couple? Were they friends? What exactly were they?

Harry gasped as he felt a hand grasp his wrist and pull him into an empty room.

Harry toppled onto the ground, his glasses had fallen off, so everything he could see was blurry.

"Potter!" A voice gasped. Harry rubbed his head as he groaned. "Who are you?" He quizzed, his voice full of fear and confusion. Harry felt something warm place itself on his knee.

"I didn't mean to hurt you so badly." The voice continued. Harry quickly recognized the voice belonged to Draco.

Harry tried to make out the figure in front of him, but all he could see was a cloud of green, white, and blond. "Draco?" He whispered.

"I can't see anything..." Harry said, searching the floor around him for his glasses with his hands.

"Oh, sorry." Draco apologized hastily. Harry felt Draco's hand leave his knee.

In a few moments, Harry's vision was repaired. The Slytherin placed his glasses gently into place. He watched as Draco removed his hands from his glasses.

The two boys gazed into each other's sparkling eyes.

Draco cleared his throat.

"Er- anyway, Potter..." he began, his voice shaking from nerves. "I wanted to apologize for this morning."

Harry's eyes widened. "Excuse me?" He exclaimed. Draco? Apologizing? To Harry? "You're apologizing? To me?" He quizzed, tilting his head a bit to the side.

Draco blushed. "Is that too weird? Am I moving too fast?"

Harry snickered and shook his head. "No, it's fine." He explained. "It's just a little strange, you've never apologized to me before."

Draco's face flushed. "Malfoys don't usually apologize..." he mumbled.

"Anyway, what's with the kidnapping?" Harry asked jokingly.

"Well this isn't exactly what I had planned." Draco said as he stood up from his sitting position. "I just wanted to say sorry. It's nothing personal..."

Harry looked up wearing a face of confusion. "Why did you tell me to keep away?"

Draco's face flushed from all color.
"I have to go." He lied.

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, Draco zoomed out of the room.

"Draco, wait!" Harry yelled as he stood up. But it was too late, Draco was gone and he wasn't going to respond to Harry's desperate pleads. Harry gave an exasperated sigh.

So much for wanting to know where they stood as a relationship.
--------------------------------------------
Author Note: Hellooo everybody!! Thank you sooo much for reading this chapter, and I really do hope you enjoyed it. If you did, please vote this chapter and leave a comment!! If you enjoy my work, please follow me!!

I won't be able to update this Friday, so take this early update!! I might update on Saturday, but no promises since I'll be super busy.

Anyway, I read all your lovely comments last chapter and I just want to say: thank you so much for all of your support and kind comments. I couldn't be any more grateful. Thank you.

Also I have a super important question: What house do you guys think I'm in????? Idk I just think it would be fun if you guys could comment what house you think I'd be. My friends say I'm either Gryffindor or Slytherin. Maybe in the next chapter I'll announce what I was sorted into on Pottermore lol. What houses are you guys in???