Chapter Six

Clarke's POV-
"My name is Anya and I will train you to be the best warriors that you can possibly be" Anya says. She has dirty blonde hair and she is wearing war paint, she has a fierce look. Could she possibly be the Commander? Not possible. Anya stands in front of me and looks down at me. "What's your name?" She asks. I look her in the eye.

"Clarke" I say with an even tone in my voice. She smiles as if she knows something, as if I am something special, I keep my eye contact. I don't want her to think I am afraid. "Clarke Griffin"

"You are expected to be the leader of this group" she says.

"Why me?"

"Because you were the first person who caught my eye, you were standing tall and straight. I can also tell that you are not afraid of me"

"What makes you think that I'm not afraid of you?" I ask her. She smirks at this.

"That is exactly why, you just keep talking like I am a normal person" she says with a laugh. "Don't do that to the Commander or she will take out her sword and cut off your head, it's her specialty"

"She beheads people?" Bellamy asks in his deep voice, he is probably the oldest in the group. About fourteen I would say.

"Precisely" Anya says with a smile. I roll my eyes, she notices and chuckles.  "Don't worry, you'd really have to piss her off for her to do that" I start to like Anya then and there, she makes me feel a bit better about the situation that we are in.

Lexa's POV-
The next day Luna and I walk out with the other night bloods. "I saw you and the sky girl" she says quietly so that no one else can hear her. I look at her and shrug. "You like her?"

"Yes, but not in the way that you think" I mutter. "She just seems special, I have Costia"

"Yes but you aren't even with Costia, You haven't had the guts to ask her out and I know you have been wanting to" Luna says. I shake my head because I don't want to let Costia in.

"No, Hodnes laik kwelnes. (Love is weakness), that is what Titus has always taught us and that is what I believe" I say stubbornly. The problem with me is that I can't help but care, I am weak because I care too much. Luna shakes her head.

"Hod in ste nou kwelnes, have yo Sen bilaik won? (Love is not weakness, have you heard that one?)" Luna says. I look at the night bloods ahead of us. Would they agree with Luna? I don't think so.

"Sha, (Yes) you have told me many times" I mutter. Once we get to the training spot, I get paired up with Luna mostly because she is the only person I can't beat over and over. "Teik's go luna kom Trikru (let's go, Luna from the tree people) I say with a smirk on my face. I pick up a training stick and twirl it around. She rolls her eyes because now I am the one that is showing off. She picks up a stick as well and twirls in more.

"This is not a stick twirling contest" Neka says. We both turn to her and twirl the stick as much as we can to annoy her. She rolls her eyes. I then notice the children from the sky walking across to the other training area, I see Clarke and I don't realise I'm staring until Luna's training stick goes falling onto my head.

"Jok! (Fuck!)" Luna yells. I fall to the ground and hold onto my head, I feel hot blood oozing out. Jok Jok Jok. I feel someone bring me into their arms.

"It's okay, I'm a learning healer" the voice says. Clarke. I open my eyes and her face is looking down at me. She looks me in the eye. "You'll be okay" she says as her fingers run down the edges of my wound. "You will just need a bandage"

"On my head?" I ask.

"What are you doing here?" Titus asks Clarke with anger in his voice. Anya steps forward.

"She is helping a night blood, so you have a problem with that?" Anya says, she doesn't expect an answer.