Chapter Twenty-Seven

Clarke's POV-
"Clarke, I have to go talk to the Mountain Men about releasing our people, you will be back up chancellor until I get back" my mother says to me. I am completely shocked. She usually makes Kane the back up chancellor.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Because Kane is coming with me to the mountain along with a few guards" she explains.

When she leaves I find my father working on something with Raven. "Hello father" I say before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hello acting chancellor" he replies. Raven drops what she is doing and looks at me shocked.

"Acting chancellor?" Raven asks. I smile and nod.

"I can't make many decisions but I sure am the boss of you two" I say with a smirk.

"I'm your father" my father says with a dramatic shocked face.

"And I'm eighteen, I don't get bossed around by you anymore" I say poking my tongue out at him.

"You've been around Finn this morning, haven't you?" Raven asks with a smile. Raven dated Finn before me but she is totally fine with us now. I nod.

"But we had a serious conversation"

"That doesn't sound logical" Raven says shaking her head. "There must have been some immaturity"

"Oh there was but we don't need to go into that." I say with a laugh. My father gives me a look. "Okay, that's it what I meant"

"Sure it wasn't" Raven says wriggling her eyebrows. She does this to make my father feel more awkward, they have a good relationship. It's almost a father, daughter relationship. They are both talented engineers that spend most days working together.

"This time it wasn't" I say with a laugh. "So what are you two working on?" I ask.

"We are just fixing one of the door swipe things" Raven says. "It's quite boring seeing as I can't build something that blows things up"

"Well apparently my mother is thinking about it" I say rolling my eyes. My father looks concerned.

"Your mother means well"

"No she doesn't" I reply. My father doesn't have the time to answer because a guard interrupts us.

"Clarke we have an issue" it's Bellamy's voice. He hasn't seen his sister in five years seeing as she chose to stay in Polis.

Lexa's POV-
"Octavia"

"Yes Commander?" She answers straight away.

"What do you think about coming with me to skaikru?" I ask. She seems confused on why I'd ask her. "I know your brother is there and I know he is one of the guards, I think he may hesitate to shoot us if you are with us"

"Then it is my duty to protect you Heda" Octavia says bowing her head.

"Please call me Lexa, Octavia. You have known me long enough to not call me Commander"

"We are at war, I thought it would be more professional" Octavia says with a small smile. Octavia doesn't mind the war, she just doesn't want her friends to die. I discovered a few months after leaving Clarke the reason why Octavia chose to stay. Lincoln a training healer had caught her eye, she stayed for him. It brings my thoughts back to Clarke, will I see her today. When Octavia leaves I take something from my pocket that I never depart from. It was the first thing Clarke drew upon landing on earth. It was of the trees, the sky, the birds and the plants that earth shows. The drawing gave me hope that we would meet again.

Clarke's POV-
"What is it Bellamy?" I ask.

"Commander Lexa and my sister are here" he says. "There are guards with them and Anya" Bellamy explains. I feel my heart beat faster. I try not to show the excitement that I am feeling.

"Okay, Bellamy I'll be right out to greet them. There is no problem" I say emotionlessly. Bellamy leaves and I find myself staring at the bracelet on my wrist. 'Leksa kom trikru' it reads. Finn doesn't know what the words on the bracelet mean. If he knew he would leave me for sure because I always wear it. I make my way outside, Raven follows me. The first face I see is Lexa's, she is wearing war paint but I can see something in her eyes when she sees me.

"Hello Commander" I say emotionlessly. Lexa's face hardens.

"Hello Clarke"