Chapter Ten

Clarke's POV-
I walk into her room and it's about half the size of the one I share with fifty girls. She has a couch sitting at the end of her bed that she sits down on. "All night bloods get their own rooms?" I ask curiously.

"Only the ones that deserve it" Lexa's says with a smile. I sit next to her and face her. "I invited you here because I wanted to show you that I am keeping your book, it's in a safe place" she says. My eyes widen, I forgot about my notebook.

"Can I see it? I haven't seen my parents faces in so long" I said. Lexa gets up and opens up her draws, there is a safe in there. She opens it and hands me my journal. "You have a safe?" I ask.

"Yes" Lexa says. "I found it in an old store that hadn't been destroyed by the bombs and read the box for it and I instantly knew that I needed it"

"What else is in there?" I ask. I don't expect her to tell me but then she pulls out a compass.

"My mother gave me this before they took me away, she told me to keep it close because it would help me find my way back to them" Lexa says. She opens it and engraved in the lid are the words 'north west 5'.

"Is that how you will find them?" I ask. She nods. "What does the five mean?" I ask curiously. She looks down at it.

"It's a code my father made up, he made up areas for different areas and the one he wants me to find them in is area five"

"That's interesting, is that something that you will do when you become Commander?" I ask. Lexa stands up and places the compass back in the safe.

"There are a lot of things that I would like to do if i become commander" Lexa mutters. She than sits down next to me and looks me in the eye. "But yes, that it's one thing that I will do" she says. I nod and open my notebook, a sketch of my father is the first thing I see. I smile down at the picture.

"This is my father" I tell her. "He is head engineer on the arc and he noticed that the oxygen was going to fail within a few years that's why we decided that we better come down to earth" I explain to her. She listens with interest. I turn the page to a sketch of my mother. "This is my mother, she is head healer and she is part of the council. She taught me everything I know about healing" I say. I feel a warm tear fall down my cheek and I turn away from Lexa.

"Clarke are you okay?" Lexa asks concerned. I nod but I don't face her. "Listen to me I will try and talk the Commander out of it"

"No that will get you killed" I say turning to her. "There is nothing we can do" I say. Saying this I have finally realised that I have given up hoping that Commander Willa will spare my parents.

"There is always killing the Commander"

"Which will also get us killed" I explain. Lexa looks down.

"I'm sorry this happened to you Clarke"

*

I wake up to Raven shaking me. She looks worried. "The Commander wants to see Octavia, Bellamy, Finn, Wells, you and myself this right now" she says as she shakes me.

"Bitch can wait" I groan.

"It's urgent" Raven says. I sit up.

"I wish that her death was urgent" I mutter with annoyance. Raven gives me a look to tell me that I am an idiot for saying that with the amount of guards in the room.