Chapter Forty-Five

Lexa's POV-
I can tell that Clarke is still nervous about whether the clan leaders will accept skaikru into the coalition so I decided that before the celebrations tonight I would take he to a secret place where we can talk and maybe actually have some fun. Clarke seems excited about this. "So where are we going Heda?" She asks.

"It's a secret. I'm going to show you a place that no one but the commanders know about" I tell her. Clarke nods excitedly at me. This causes a smile to appear on my emotionless face.

"How do you know about it?"

"The commanders told me" I say. Clarke is confused but she doesn't ask any questions.

I put a blind fold on her once she's on the horse, I hop on behind her and whisper in her ear. "I'm sorry that you can't know where exactly it is. The commanders don't want me to share"

"It's okay." She says. I put one of my arms around Clarke. I automatically feel her hand on my arm. I take the rope tied to the horse and I give him and soft kick in the side to tell him to go.

*
Clarke's POV-
I open my eyes. This place is beautiful, there is a small cabin next to a waterfall. Lexa smiles at me as I look around in amazement. "Do you ever sleep here?" I ask.

"Yes, the sound of the waterfall is calming but it is dangerous because I can't hear any enemies coming but there are traps around this area that stops intruders" Lexa explains. "Only the commander knows how to get around them"

"Is that why you stopped in some places along the way?" I ask. Lexa nods.

"Let's go into the cabin, I'll show you around. This place was untouched by the bombs so it has been here for more than a hundred years" Lexa states. As I walk in a smile spreads across my face. It's beautiful. There is a kitchen with a stove, oven and fridge. There is a room that leads to a bedroom and a lounge room with a tv.

"A tv?" I ask.

"Yes. The first commander tells me that this cabin runs off of solar and wind power." Lexa says. "I don't know what that means"

"That means that this place has electricity" I say. "Who cleans it?"

"Titus comes here every now and then, only a flame keeper can know about the commanders cabin" Lexa explains. I nod and take her hand in mine.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" I ask. Lexa gives me a small smile and nods.

"Yes"

We walk out side and strip down to our under clothes. Lexa keeps her sword close to the side of the small water hole. I watch as she gets in the water, she looks at me and encourages me to come in. "I actually can't swim" I admit. She laughs.

"I will show you how" she says. I nod and get in after her. She takes me hands and then wraps her arms around my waist. "Are you still nervous?" She asks.

"I wasn't..."

"Don't lie to me Clarke" Lexa cuts me off.

"No, I'm more afraid than nervous" I admit. "I uh... I'm in love with you, you know that right?" I ask. Lexa nods.

"I love you too"

"I don't want to lose you again Lexa. I'm afraid of that. I have let myself fall for you and I don't want to lose that because we don't have an alliance. I want this all to work out, it scares me to think that it might not" I try my best to explain.

"I understand" Lexa says as she pulls me closer. I feel tears come to my eyes.

"I got your letter, I think I told you that" I mutter. I feel the tears in my eyes threatening to fall. Lexa's face softens more. "When I got it, I tried to leave. I wanted to get to you and just see you at least. They stopped me and dragged me back to Arkadia. I-I..." the tears begin to fall. "I hated my mother than, my father stayed next to me trying to comfort me. He is a good man"

Lexa pulls me into a hug after kissing me on the forehead. She holds me for a few seconds before looking into my eyes. "You may have not known it Clarke but I was there right with you the whole time. I know you wanted to get to me and it's okay"

"It's not. I should have tried harder"