Chapter Thirty-Nine

Raven's POV-
I sat next to Luna casually, it took Luna a second to realise but when she did I said "Hello Sea Princess". Luna's cheeks turn pink.

"Hi" She says softly. "I see you found your way to the dining room" she says with a small smile.

"I always follow the beautiful sent of freshly made food" I say dramatically. Luna let's out a small chuckle.

"Eat, the chefs here are amazing" Luna says as she points to the food infront of me. I take a bite of a strange looking type of bread and my eyes light up.

"This is amazing" i say after i have swallowed. "What is it?"

"It's a special type of toasted bread that the main chef made up, he doesn't give away any of his secrets" Luna says before taking a bite out of her own.

"You know, back at Arkadia we have all sorts of foods that are from the old earth days" raven says. "We have chocolate! Made from cocoa beans"

"We use cocoa beans in hot drinks" Luna states.

"We call that a hot chocolate" Raven says excitedly. Luna laughs at how excited Raven is to talk about food. "See we are more simular then you think"

*

After eating breakfast with Luna she invited me to go to the celebration that's happening tonight. About an hour later Lexa informs Clarke and I that we are both invited.

Lexa's POV-

I decided that i wanted to give Clarke some space so I told myself that I would occupy myself with other things. Seeing as today is suppose to be a day of celebration, i didn't have many duties. I found myself reading a book, something I haven't done in a long time when the door swung open and Clarke walked in. I told the guards that if she came then she could just walk in. "Hello Clarke" i said, failing to tare my eyes away from the book. When i hear the doors shut behind her i put the book down and sit up straight.

"When will the ceremony commence?" Clarke asks in an authortive tone. The tone suites her, the problem is that we aren't talking as friends but allies.

"In a week when the rest of the ambassadors come" I reply, i point to the other couch. "Take a seat" i say emotionlessly. Clarke shakes her head.

"No I better go" she says shakily. "I just needed you to answer that question"

"Clarke..." I say softly. I become Lexa, not the ruthless commander. She looks me in the eye and shakes her head. "What is it?" I ask worried. I worry that she will change her mind and go back home to Arkadia.

"You are not afraid to flirt with me infront of your people?" She asks. I mentally slap myself. I shouldn't have openly flirted with her when she had just broken up with her boyfriend and people may think our alliance is personal.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel uncomfortable and no, im not afraid. I'm not afraid of anything" I say softly.

"It didn't make me feel uncomfortable" she says, i feel better when she says this but i know there is more. "But it's too soon for me to move on Lexa"

"Are you afraid of what your people will think?" I ask. I stand up and walk towards her.

"Of course. I don't want them to feel as though i was biased when making that speech"

"You were biased, everything someone says is biased. Being biased is opinion Clarke." I say. She nods understandingly.

"Do you have feelings for Finn, is that why?" I ask not particularly wanting the answer but this was the only way she can figure her feelings out.

"I do but nothing is as strong as my feelings for you but i need those feelings for Finn to be gone before i can be with someone else" she explains. I give her an understanding nod.

"I waited five years for you Clarke, I can wait an iternity if that means you'll be in my arms arms again" I say. Clarke's cheeks turn red and she leaves the room once she says goodbye.

*

Luna's POV-

That Raven girl is going to drive me insane. I mean that in the best way possible. Once breakfast was finished I found myself missing the girl that told ridiculous but funny jokes so I went back and invited her to the party. I told her that I would find her. So here i am looking into the crowd of people trying to find her. "Who are you looking for?" I heard her voice next to me. I turned to look at her, she had her arms crossed over her chest and she was looking around as if she was searching for something.

"I found you" I said with a laugh.

"No, I found you." Raven laughs, she looks into the crowd of slow dancing people. She takes my hand. "Come dance with me" she says as she pulls me onto the dance floor.

"I can't dance" I say as we walk towards the middle of the dance floor.

"Oh thank god, neither can i"