Chapter Twenty-three

Lexa's POV-
We take a break near a river, the guards stand around making sure there is no one there to hurt anyone. Once I see that everything is fine I make my way to Clarke. When she sees me she stops talking to Raven and she smiles at me. "Hello Clarke, Hello Raven" I say.

"Hi!" Raven says enthusiastically. "So you're the super hot Commander that my best friend has been sneaking off with"

"Not sneaking off" Clarke mutters. She rolls her eyes and I find this incredibly cute. "This is Raven, she is your age" Clarke introduces Raven properly.

"Yeah well you saved my best friends life and you are bringing me back to my family so you are freaking awesome to me" Raven says with a smile.

"What's awesome?" I ask. Raven laughs. Clarke gives me a wide smile as if she is trying not to laugh.

"It means you are great, you are a good person that does extraordinary things" Raven explains to me. I nod understanding what she was saying. "By the way, remind me not to get you angry. You are a bad ass fighter." Raven says with a smile. I'm starting to like her even though I don't know what half the things she's saying are. It's strange because I know these words use to be said on earth a long time ago, it is just strange that they caught on in space but not on the ground.

"Thank you" I say with a small smile. Raven gives a bow and a wide smile.

"I will leave you two to talk" she says. She then turns on her heel and walks over to a boy with goggles on his head.

"We are almost there, we are just having a break so that I can talk to you because this might be the last chance I get" I say sadly. Clarke shakes her head.

"No, this won't be the last time Lexa, have a bit of faith" Clarke says, she rests her hand on my cheek and looks in my eyes. "It's going to go fine"

"We took their children, it's not going to be fine" I say. Clarke takes her hand away from my cheek.

"That wasn't you Lexa"

"But it was, I was there. I took you" I say guiltily. Clarke frowns.

"You didn't take me, you protected me even when I didn't need protecting" Clarke says. "You never wanted this and that's what all of these kids are going to say, they will say that you fought to become commander just so that there wouldn't be a war between skaikru and trikru"

"But that's not entirely true, that's not the only reason Clarke. I fought to become Commander so that Willa wouldn't kill you" I explain to her. She looks me in the eye.

"I know and that was stupid of you"

"As I have said before Clarke, you are worth it. I'd die for you"

*

Clarke's POV-
The arc came into view and I suddenly felt this pit of nerves in my stomach. I look over at Lexa who is giving orders to a few of the guards. I notice that she is in pain as she is holding onto her stomach. I begin to feel concerned and I fall back to talk to her. "Lexa are you okay?" I ask.

"Of course" she says. I frown because I know she is lying to me. She notices the look on my face. "I'm okay Clarke, I can deal with a little pain"

"You were stabbed in the stomach Lexa, it isn't just a little pain" I mutter.

"I'm okay, I promise"