Chapter Forty-Nine

Lexa's POV-
After the meeting, which went well. Clarke seemed to be more nervous. The whole time I kept a straight face and attempted not to give away my emotional feelings for Clarke. This seemed to stress her out more because she looked to me for help when she thought she was doing a bad job. She wasn't, she did brilliantly. I spoke to the leaders after Clarke and Raven left and a lot of them seemed impressed but also had their worries. I have to think of a way to insure that skaikru is part of the coalition. "Hey Heda" Raven says as she walks into my throne room. "Do you just sit in here to think?" She asks me as she looks around the room and notices that no one is here apart from her and I.

"Yes" I state.

"What's going through the commanders mind?" She asks. The weird thing is, Raven actually cares. The only other people to care like that is Anya, Luna and Clarke. I don't see a lot of any of them. Octavia is the only person I see frequently who cares.

"I'm trying to think of a way to keep skaikru as part of the coalition if the leaders don't agree" I say. Raven thinks for a moment and smiles.

"You love Clarke, right?" She asks. I furrow my eye brows in confusion.

"Of course, you know that"

"Yes... this may sound crazy Lexa but why don't you ask Clarke to marry you? That will force an alliance between trikru and skaikru making skaikru part of the coalition" Raven suggests. My face turns bright red no matter how hard I try to hide it.

"I hadn't really thought about that" I say embarrassed.

"Why are you embarrassed? How much do you love Clarke?"

"What type of question is that? How am I suppose to describe what I can't put into words" I exclaim. Raven just smirks at me. "What?"

"You should marry her"

"Do you love Luna?" I ask trying to change the subject. Raven looks down at the ground and shrugs.

"I-I don't know, we've been together only a few days" Raven mutters. "I'm not suppose to know yet... am I?"

"I knew I loved Clarke the first time I saw her"

"It's not like that for everyone Lexa" Raven replies. "I was with Finn and I knew I loved him after a few months but I soon realised that I didn't love him like I thought I did"

"How do you feel around Luna?" I ask remaining seated. Raven shifts a little as she thinks.

"She makes me feel alive, like I haven't truely lived until I met her. She makes me feel like I can be myself without being judged. She makes me feel like together we can do anything but we are early in to the relationship so I don't know"