Chapter Forty

Clarke's POV-
I look around at the people laughing and dancing to the music. A smile appears on my face as I notice how great the atmosphere is. I noticed it when i first came here but children were never allowed to go to grounder parties. I notice Luna and Raven dancing in the middle. Raven is doing the robot and Luna is laughing and doing some horrible dance moves as well. "Celebrations are my favorite" i hear a voice say. I turn to see a smiling Lexa. "We have one everytime a clan joins the coalition" lexa says as she walks forward to stand next to me.

"How many clans in the coalition?" I ask.

"Eleven, skaikru will be the twelfth. The only others are the mountain men and ice nation" lexa states. "We are at war with Azgeda and will be at war with the mountain men"

"I'm trying my best to prevent war with the mountain men" i tell her. Lexa nods and she looks around.

"Let's not talk about this at the moment, have you tried some of our alcohol?" Lexa asks. I haven't had time to drink alcohol, ive been too busy trying to be a leader at Arkadia.

"No, i've never..." i say scratching the back of my head. "I've never actually tried any form of alcohol"

"That's okay... do you want to?" Lexa asks softly. I nod, she smiles and takes me to the bar.

"What would you like Heda?" A young man asks Lexa. Lexa smiles at him as if she has known him a while.

"Clarke this is Julien, he is Costia's brother" Lexa says softly. I nod and smile at him. I remembered hearing about Costia's death but i'm not sure how she died.

"Julien this is Clarke Griffin, the leader of skaikru" Lexa says almost proudly.

"I have heard all about Clarke" Julien says with a smile. He turns to me. "Costia spoke of you, years ago out of jealousy" Julien states. "So what would you like to drink?"

"This is Clarke's first drink, get her what we all had as our first drink" i say. Julien chuckles and pours clear liquid into a glass. He hands it to me, it smells strong.

Lexa's POV-

Clarke's nose scrunches up in disgust but she goes back to drink more. "It's disgusting" clarke says before drinking the rest. "Anymore?" She asks. Julien laughs and pours her and me a glass.

"Don't drink too fast" I whisper to her.

"I won't"

An hour later Clarke is completely drunk. I stay with her because I care about her well being and I had to stop her drinking at some point. "Clarke I think that's enough" I say softly. Clarke laughs and falls into my arms.

"Okay boss" she slurs. I take her hand and lead her back to the tower. "Hey I want to party" she says drunkenly but she doesn't try to get back.

"Why don't you come with me Clarke?" I ask.

"I'd go anywhere with you" Clarke says with a smile. I laugh and she pouts. "I'm not joking" she slurs. I nod and pull her into the lift that takes us up to the top level. "Are we going to talk?"

"If you want" I say. Clarke gives me a toothy grin and i smile back at her. We walk past the guards that stand by my room and we enter. Clarke lays down on my bed. "Are you feeling okay?

"I feel amazing" Clarke says enthusiastically. She won't feel so amazing in the morning. "Am i drunk?" She asks as she smiles at the roof. I let out a chuckle.

"Yes you are" I reply.

"Are you drunk?" She asks. I'm not completely sobber but i'm sober enough to look after her.

"Nearly" I say. She giggles.

"Commander drunk head" she says with a laugh. I'm actually nowhere near drunk but i laugh. I wouldn't have thought Clarke would be so childish when drunk.

"Okay" i chuckle. "I think you should get some rest" i say pulling her shoes off and pulling some furs over her. She just stares at me while I do this.

"Can you stay?" She slurs. I nod and sit on the chair next to my bed. "You're beautiful" she says.

"You are too" I say.

"No, you're so beautiful like i dont even think there is a word to describe it" Clarke slurrs as she stares at me staring back at her. "I love you" Clarke murmurs. My eyes widen and i shake my head. She wasnt suppose to say it to me like this. "I'm so in love with you" she says giddily. I put my hand on her cheek and stare into her blue eyes.

"Why don't you tell that to me in the morning?" I ask her. She nods and buries her head in a pillow. Soon enough she is snoring into it.