Chapter Twenty-Four

Lexa's POV-
"Are you okay? With going back?" I ask her. I know it's probably a stupid question but she seems nervous.

"Yes, I'm excited to see my father and mother again and nervous what will happen when we get there" she explains. I lean down and kiss her forehead. I feel my stomach sting but it was worth it.

"Hopefully things will go as planned" I say. I look forward at the huge metal figure that is in the ground. This must be the ark. The guards of the ark seem to notice us at that point and the stand at the gates ready for the children to come.

Anya's POV-
They pushed me into a small room, they don't chain me up. They don't need to because the room in sealed really well. While I'm trying to open the door a voice behind me interrupts. "It wont open unless they do it themselves" I turn to see Luna sitting with her back against the wall. She looks healthy and not at all injured so atleast they won't harm us.

"Luna, we have all been looking for you"

"Oh, I know. That's how I ended up here" Luna says slightly annoyed. "I was heading to floukru where I knew that I would not be discovered when a group of guards came into the Forrest. I ran until I ended up here, I knew this must have been the skaikru sight so I tried to get away unnoticed which clearly didn't happen" Luna explains.

"So, you really did run?" I ask. Luna rolls her eyes.

"Are you going to kill me if I say yes?" Luna asks me. Her glare pierces through me. I sigh and shake my head. I have known Luna since she was young. She is one person I could never kill.

"No, I care about you too much Luna" I say softly. I look at her with a small smile. "And Heda Leksa (Commander Lexa) would never allow it" I add on. Then I realise that I don't know if Lexa is still alive. She had been stabbed in the stomach and the last I was told was that she will most likely survive. Then I was sent out to watch the sky people at TonDC for a week, I then got taken.

"Lexa is Commander?" Luna asks. Her eyes light up and a smile forms on her face.

"Well the last I had known is that she wasn't commander yet"

"Then how do you know she'll be commander, they usually do the ceremony straight after... what happened to Lexa? That don't usually postpone it" luna says. She begins to sound worried. I begin to explain to her what happened.

"I always knew it would be her and Neka, Neka was never really a friend. She just wanted the Commander title to create chaos in the world. She always agreed with the way Willa ran things. There was so much war" Luna says. I then begin to believe that she would have been a brilliant commander but so would Lexa.

"So why did you leave?" I ask curiously.

"I didn't want to kill Lexa or I didn't want her to kill me, she wouldn't be able to live with herself. I wouldn't be able to live with myself" Luna says, she seems to get distant as she is saying this. "I was scared as well, my whole life I have known nothing but violence and death. Trained from a young age to be a killing machine. I just want to be good" Luna explains. I have always seen the good in Luna, since she was a child she was a good fighter but she'd always apologise if she hurt someone. She would also end up doing the most selfless things like getting to know the cooks when she was eleven and asking them if she could help cook. I was her mentor for a while until she veered away from me.

"You are good Luna, someone who wants to be good always has good in them" I say to her. "You are special, I've always known that"

*

Lexa's POV-
The sky people crowd around us with there guns pointed at the guards and me. Clarke stays at my side and refuses to move, Raven stays by Clarke's side because she is Clarke's best friend. " don't hurt them" Clarke says, I look down at her and she is standing in front of a mans gun.

"Clarke, don't do that" I say softly. Clarke looks at me and shakes her head. "Clarke..."

"They can't hurt you Lexa" she says. She shows complete vulnerability when she says that and I don't say anything back to her. She turns back towards the man who pressed the gun up against her chest. "Hey back off asshole" she says glaring at him. "Are you really going to kill one of your own people and a thirteen year old girl?" The man takes his gun away.

"Kid, get inside now"

"No, you know what you should do? Go get the chancellor you asshat and stop acting like you are running the place" Clarke says and at that point she towers over him. The man steps back and turns towards the metal building. Gosh Clarke will be a good leader one day. A woman walks out with the man shortly after he walks in. Clarke's eyes widen. "Mum?" She asks confused. "Where's chancellor Jaha"

"Not chancellor anymore" Clarke's mother says, she hugs Clarke and turns towards us. "You better have a good reason why you took my daughter"