Chapter Thirteen

Clarke's POV-
I went to run after Lexa but Raven stopped me. "Clarke stop" Raven says calmly. "I don't think she wants to explain to you why she saved you, a sky girl"

"I need to speak to her" I say urgently. Raven shakes her head.

"Why didn't you just let the Commander kill me?" Raven asks. She seems to have calmed down.

"Raven you are my friend, I couldn't have let you die." I explain, I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to a crying Wells.

"Remind me to thank Lexa" Wells says. I hug him because I know that's what he needs. I had talked to him about Lexa but his only words to me were that I should stay away. I bet that he is taking them back now, because Lexa just risked her life for me.

"I need to go" I push past him and I make my way to Lexa's room. I turn up just as girl is walking away from the room. That must be Costia. I knock and she opens it. She looks shocked to see me. "That was Costia, wasn't it?" I ask. I begin to feel myself getting jealous. She motions for me to come in.

"Yes that was Costia, where did you hear that name?" She asks me. "It was Luna, wasn't it?"

"Yes" I mutter. She sighs and walks to the window, she leans against the window sill. "Who is she to you?" I ask curiously.

"She is a good friend" she replies quickly and defensively. "She wants us to become more than that but that's not what I want"

"You don't like her?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I do, I think I always have but I don't think I like her as much as I like someone else... this sounds so immature" Lexa says with a sigh. She turns to me. "I don't want anything to happen with Costia, now what is the reason you came here?"

"Why did you risk you life for me? Why did you save me?" I ask. She walks towards me and stops in front of me.

"Like I said Clarke, some people are worth saving" she replies. she's looking at me with curiosity.

"am I worth dying for because that's what you will being doing tomorrow if you lose" I say, I look away from her eyes. She steps closer.

"Some people are worth dying for too" Lexa says. I look up at her in her eyes. "Clarke" Lexa whispers. The door opens and guards walk in. I step back from Lexa as fast as I can.

"The Commander has ordered for the battle to commence now" one of the guards says. Lexa nods.

"Give me five minutes to get ready" Lexa says. The guards nod respectively and they walk out of the room. I begin to walk out of the room too but Lexa grabs onto my arm. I turn to look at her, her eyes fall down to my lips and she kisses me. I find myself kissing back. She wraps her arms around me as she continues to kiss me. I put one of my hands on her face and then I pull away. Lexa looks at me with sad eyes. I can't find the words to say other than.

"Now you defiantly can't die today, you have started something" I tell her. Lexa puts her hand on my cheek.

"Some people are worth fighting for" Lexa whispers. "Will you help me put my armour on?" She asks. I nod. She picks a shoulder piece and I attempt to help her put it on. Lexa laughs because she knows that I don't know what I am doing.

*

Lexa and I walk down to the arena together. I feel the urge to hold her hand but I know that will make her look weak. "Didn't you say that love was weakness?" I ask. Lexa looks at me and nods. "Do you still believe that?"

"I've never believed that" Lexa replies. "Caring about someone makes you do life changing things, things that could make you stronger. I've always cared Clarke, I just tried not to because I wanted to believe that Love was weakness" she says and I think I understand what she is saying.

"Lexa..." i mutter as we walk down a hall. She looks at me. "You shouldn't have kissed me..." I mutter. Lexa looks down. "Because I really want to hold your hand right now" I say. She looks up at me her eyes a smiling along with her mouth. She takes my hand in hers. "Aren't you scared that it will make you look weak?" I ask.

"No" Lexa replies.