Chapter Thirty-One

Narrators POV-
Abby punches a wall when assassin tells her what happened. She turns towards him with anger "I gave you one job! And that was to kill the commander without getting caught. I should have known the commander was smart enough to ask what I looked like"

"I'm sorry" he says. "Can I go back to my people now?"

"Let me fix your cheek" Abby says with a sigh. "You will need stitches" Abby mutters as she checks out the hole in his cheek. "I'll be back" she mutters before walking out.

Clarke's POV-
Seeing as I am running as chancellor my mother can't stop me from leaving Arkadia. So I go ask Bellemy if he wants to come with me to the grounder camp where Lexa is staying and he agrees without hesitation. He drives us to the camp, we are automatically surrounded by grounder guards. We get out of the car and we are surrounded by men and woman with swords. "What is your business here Sky people!" One of them yells.

"We are here to see the commander" I say, he shakes his head.

"The commander has strictly asked for no visitors and to kill any unwanted person" he says with a smirk. The grounders begin to close in on us more.

"Move out of the way idiots!" I hear Octavia's voice yell above the noise of the grounders. They move out of the way for her to get to the front. When Octavia sees us she smiles and hugs Bellamy. She hugs me and then faces the guy that was about to kill me. "This is clarke griffin you idiot, you clearly didnt listen to the commanders orders properly. She said kill any unwanted people, clarke is very much wanted by the commander" Octavia says with a smirk. I hit her on the arm and she lets out a laugh. "Come. The commanders tent is this way" octavia says before motioning us to follow her. Octavia tells me that i am allowed to enter the tent but when i do i see a shirtless Lexa. She covers up just as fast as it takes me to look away.

"I'm so sorry, Octavia said..." I begin but Lexa cuts me off.

"VERY FUNNY OCTAVIA" Lexa yells out. I hear Octavia snicker and Bellemy's confused voice. "She knew and it's okay, you can look I have a shirt on now" I look at her, she has a basic shirt on. She picks up her armour and begins putting it on.

"Why do you have your men killing anyone who enters the camp?" I ask.

"Well clearly they're not if you're still alive Clarke" she says with a joking smile.

"I'm being serious"

"You should ask your mother" Lexa mutters. I look at her confused.

"I'm asking you"

"Your mother sent an Azgadian warrior here to kill me, seeing as I am still alive he did not succeed. Also when I asked who sent him he said it was you" Lexa says coldly. My confused look becomes more obvious. "Of course I didn't believe it and I was right not to because I asked him what you looked like and when he said brown eyes and not blue I knew it wasn't you who sent him but Abby"

"How could you possibly know it was my mother?" I ask. I wonder why I am defending my mother but then I know. My mother has always been there to protect me even when it made me feel like crap.

"Because he described her really well. Also your mother hates me and wants me dead" Lexa says frankly. She continues to buckle up her armour but can't do it because she is frustrated. I walk over and help her.

"Okay, I believe you. I'm running for chancellor because of you" I say.

"Good, tell your people what your mother did and that will sure get you over the line." Lexa says.

"I don't need your advice" I murmur.

"Perhaps not but that won't stop me from giving it"

*

I left Lexa's camp without Bellamy, he wanted to catch up with Octavia and Octavia promised to bring him back in one piece. The first person I saw once getting out of the car at Arkadia was my mother. "I need to talk to you right now" I practically growl. A look of realisation appears on her face and she nods. We walk to an empty room. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" I yell at her. Mum looks taken back but I don't care, what she did is wrong.

"I was thinking that if Lexa was dead then you wouldn't thinking becoming allies would be a good idea"

"Any ally is a good ally mother, you should know that" I scowl. She laughs.

"Look at you, you're such a child. We both know the real reason you want to become chancellor, so that you can have your happily ever after with Lexa" she spits in my face. I glare at her.

"You have no idea what you are talking about. You are touching a very sensitive subject that's makes me think your asking to get hit" I threaten her. Yes I just threatened my own mother, so what? "I'm with Finn so obviously you are wrong"

"Just because you are with Finn doesn't stop your need to be with Lexa"

"You need to shut up. You betrayed me! You told the fucking assassin that I was the one who sent him. I will never forgive you for that!" I yell at her with tears coming to my eyes.

"I'm sorry" she says quietly.

"No you're not" I spit. I push past her and out the door. I have an election to win.