Chapter Twenty-Nine

Clarke's POV-
Long story short, my mother didn't agree. So I looked her in the eye and said "it looks like I will be running against you as chancellor then"and then I left with my mother looking at me in shock. I explain this all to Finn who sits there listening carefully.

"You're going against your mother because she didn't want to become allies with Lexa?" Finn asks with jealousy written all over his face.

"This isn't about Lexa, it's about our people and what's best for them" I state. I can't believe he thinks this is about Lexa, I'm trying to tell him that I'm running for chancellor. "Don't you want me to be Chancellor?"

"Of course I do Clarke, I love you"

"I love you too" I reply. Finn smiles and leans in to kiss me. "But I don't ever want you to mention Lexa again, I don't love her, I love you" I say. Finn pauses to listen but when I finished his lips fall onto mine. When he pulls away he stares into my eyes.

"I will support you through all of this" he mutters and suddenly I feel better about the conversation. "You are everything to me and I want you to have everything that you want"

"You're so cheesy"

"Yeah but it's true Clarke" he says with a smile.

*

My mother confronts me later on in the day. "What do you think you're doing Clarke?" She snaps at me.

"I am doing what is best for our people, we don't need this war when we a practically having a war with the mountain men as well" I reply. "I don't think you are doing right by our people, you are scared that I'll end up with Lexa again. I care about her but I'm in love with Finn"

"Clarke I am the chancellor, I have been since we landed on earth. You can't take my job away from me"

"I didn't want to have to do it mum but people are going to die if I don't take control"

*

Narrators (me) POV-
Abby walks into a building far from the ark she meets a scared face man with an evil look in his eye. He isn't skaikru but from the ice nation. "The Queen sent me here, I am wondering why" the man asks Abby curiously.

"I have been told that you are an Assassin" Abby states. The man gives her a nod. "I need you to kill the Commander"

"Commander Lexa?" The assassin ask.  "That has quite a price" he says with a smirk. "I want Ice Nation to lead"

"Do the job and then we will talk"