Chapter Fifteen

Clarke's POV-
I watched her win, I watched Willa cough up blood, I watched as Lexa kicked her sister in the side after she said something horrible. I ran after Lexa as she walked through the crowd, they were all cheering for her but she clearly wanted to get away. I take her hand and pull her in the direction of Commanders tower. When we are inside Lexa talks. "A bitch to the last breath" she mutters. I hug her and then I'm crying into shoulder. "Clarke?" I look at her in the eyes with my arms still wrapped around her. I continue crying. Lexa looks concerned. She uses her thumb to wipe a tear away.

"You nearly died" I say.

"I didn't think you cared this much" Lexa says. She should know by now that I do actually care.

"Of course I care Lexa" I mutter. Lexa laughs and kisses my forehead. Then I stepped back from her, causing myself to unwrap my arms from around her. I just realised that she is injured.

"Clarke, what's wrong?" Lexa asks.

"You're injured"

"No Clarke, I'm fine... it's just a scratch" Lexa says as she steps closer to me.

"Can I have I look at it?" I ask. Lexa's face turns red behind her war paint. I can tell because of the space the paint isn't covering. Lexa shakes her head.

"No, I'm fine" she says shyly. I nod.

"Okay, well go clean you cut and wrap some cloth around your stomach" I tell her. "You better do it now" I say. Lexa nods and kisses me on the cheek before leaving. I sigh and walk to the girls living area. It is getting late so I thought I'd go to sleep.

"Did Lexa win?" Bellamy asks, he is laying on Octavia's bed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I'm clearly waiting for Octavia to get back" he says as he plays with his fingers. "She's bringing food, so did Lexa win?"

"Yes" I mutter. I see a smile creep onto Bellemy's face.

"What's up between you two anyway?" He asks curiously.

"Nothing that you need to worry about Bellamy, she's been here for me ever since we got here"

"She is the reason we are here" Bellamy says. He sits up and looks at me unbelievably.

"Commander Willa is the reason we are here Bellamy!" I snap at him. "Do you even know what Lexa wishes to do once she is Commander?!" I yell at him. Everyone in room begins to look at us.

"TELL US CLARKE, WHAT DOES LEXA PLAN TO DO?!" Bellamy yells. He's deliberately doing it so everyone in the room will hear.

"Seriously Bellamy, you are a complete ass" I say. I push him so he falls back onto Octavia's bed. "Lexa plans to unite all the clans and reunite us with our families" I say before getting into my bed. I turn away from Bellamy and pretend to fall asleep. No one bothers me.

*
Lexa's POV-
The next day Titus came to my room to tell me that the ceremony for next Commander will commence in a week. I let him know that I will be healed by then. When he leaves I clean my wound so I don't get an infection and change the cloth that is on my stomach. The cut isn't bleeding anymore but it still stings. I must thank Clarke for the advice because I feel much better. The guards bring me breakfast, while I'm eating Costia walks in. This should be interesting.

"Ai saw yu kom the skai gada (I saw you with the sky girl)" she says.

"Osir laik nou teina costia (we are not together Costia)" I say to her. She looks at me confused.

"yu en me? o yu en her? (You and me? Or you and her?)" she asks curiously. I stand up and walk towards her.

"ste bilaik hogeda yu care about? ai don a kodon ona ai stomach en ai killed the heda, ba hogeda yu seem kom care about ste chon ai'm kom. Em's nou yu costia. Ai like klark, em cares about me. (is that all you care about? I have a cut into I stomach and I killed the commander, but all you seem from care about is who I'm with. It's not you Costia. I like clarke, she cares about me.)" I say without taking a breath. Costia looks upset, which hurts me but I had to tell her that.

"Ai don always been hir leksa. Suddenly disha skai gada comes en em ste hogeda yu want. (I have always been here Lexa. Suddenly this sky girl comes and she is all you want.)" she says sadly.

"em ste worth em. Ai know ai'm yong ba ai know bilaik klark ste the won. Ai laik sorry (she is worth it. I know I am young but I know that that Clarke is the one. I am sorry)" I say. The look on her face hurts me, she looks broken. She leaves without saying another word to me.

*

I made my way to train with the night bloods. They all seem angry with me for killing the commander. They wouldn't have thought they would be fighting to be commander this soon. "I'm not going to lie, I thought you would lose" Neka says. "It would have made us all feel better to know that we might have a chance at becoming commander"

"You do have a chance" I say. Neka rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"I challenge you to a fight right now" Neka says. I nod and pick up a stick. She picks up one as well. "No spinning?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No, this will be a normal fight" I tell her. She nods and makes the first move. Neka steps forward with her right leg, that's was her first mistake. Just as she went to swing I jabbed the training stick into her foot and swiftly swip her legs. That was her second mistake, not thinking like the enemy. She falls to the ground and I lightly jab her in the chest. "You lose" I say softly. I couldn't help it, I noticed every mistake everyone makes. Neka always steps forward with her right leg and leaves the whole right side of her body open seeing as she is left handed.

"See, that is why they are scared" Neka says as I help her up. "I am the third best fighter and you dropped within the second"

"Does anyone else want to fight me?" I ask them. A boy steps forward, I think is name is Hane.

"I will" he says deeply. I nod and throw my training stick to him. He catches it. Neka hands me hers and walks back into the group of Night bloods. "Ready when you are" he says as he gets into fighting stance.

"I'm always ready" I mutter. He moves forward with short steps which is good. He knows I am good with tripping and kicking. Although I look at the way he is holding his weapon, he holds it losely and carelessly. Once I spot his weakness I hit him in the side and kick the stick out of his hand when he is distracted. I softly jab him with the stick. "Don't hold your weapon so losely" I tell him. He rolls his eyes and walks back to the group. Luna stands in front of me, she twirls her stick.

"I'll give it a go" she says with a smile. I smile back. We begin fighting, our weapons clash together. She holds her weapon and moves with little flaws and that's what makes her a challenging person to fight. The other nightbloods begin to get bored and realise that they should be practicing. I swing for Luna's should but she backs away and swings at the stick that falls out of my hand, she walks towards me and attempts to jab me but I keep dodging. She tries again and that's her flaw, she forgets to change it up after a while. I kick the stick up once she tries to stab me again, it goes flying in the air and I catch it. She's too distracted by what I just did to realise that I have her weapon. I jab her in the chest softly.

"You're so much better, what happened?"

"I began to see the flaws in what people do" I tell her. "I know mine and I'm trying to change it"

"What's yours?" She asks.

"Why would I tell you?" I ask.

"Because you know I'm leaving" she whispers back to me. I sigh and I don't argue with her because I know there is no way to stop it.

"I'm a leg person, I will attack someone's legs to make them vulnerable and I will you use my legs when I don't have a weapon" I explain to her quietly.

"Like when you kicked the stick up into the air. That was amazing" Luna says. "But you are never predictable, I never know when you are about to attack my legs and I've fought you heaps"

"You don't have any weaknesses until you have been fighting for a while, you become repetitive sometimes" I say.

"Thanks" she mutters. "I don't think I want to be doing anymore of this fighting stuff anyway"