3. Different Experiences

After getting our IDs swiped, we made our way downstairs. The building was a lot bigger than I expected, and the food options seemed to be overwhelming. While the other four talked, I quietly followed their lead by grabbing a tray. Just when I was about to follow Liam to the sandwich station (which he claimed was the best), I felt fingers wrap around my arm and tug me in the opposite direction.

Shelly was looking at me with this huge grin on her face before speaking in a loud whisper, "You like Niall!"

My eyes widened at once and I quickly shook my head, "What? I just met him. He's really nice and stuff, but come on."

She looked me over, seeming to process what I just said. "You forgot to mention he's really attractive." A small smirk crossed her lips as she led me over to what seemed to be the pasta line.

I stood closer to her so I wouldn't have to raise my voice, wanting to keep our conversation between the two of us. "They all are though, how is that even possible. I don't even think my high school had five attractive guys, and our entire floor does."

"No guys from high school good enough for you, Joss?" Shelly asked me, wiggling her brows.

I let out a soft breath, this was supposed to be my new start and I didn't really want to admit to my new roommate that I was a complete loser in high school and I haven't kissed anyone ever. "I guess you could say that," I simply replied before we started to fill our plates with food.

Once we put drinks on our tray, we had to go searching for the boys since Liam came up to us to let us know they were getting a table.

"Where the hell are they sitting?" Shelly grumbled as we searched the tables for familiar faces.

"There!" I exclaimed once I saw Niall's blonde head in the crowd. They had found a booth where Liam and Harry sat on a bench, and Niall sat in the awkward 'there are five people eating here but a booth only fits four' chair.

Shelly made sure to scoot past me as we took our seats so she could sit on the inside of the booth, and I would be sitting right next to Niall. Her eyes gleamed as she smirked at me and I playfully glared at her.

"Took you guys long enough," The Irish one teased with a smirk and a mouthful of food.

"This place is hard to navigate." Shelly defended, causing the boys to laugh.

Liam shook his head with a smile, "Trust me, it'll get easier."

As everyone started to eat, I took in how this was actually happening. I was eating dinner with four other people on my first night here and I could only hope that this would be something that continued. It felt nice to have other people to talk to, and share a meal with.

"So can I ask you boys a question?" My roommate spoke up after a short silence. They shrugged and nodded yeses since their mouths were too full with food for them to reply. "Is it just coincidence that you three, Louis, and Zayn are from the UK or...?" She questioned with her perfectly shaped brows raised up on her forehead.

Harry shook his head with a smile, "Not really, no. We all went to the same Uni in England and studied abroad the same spring semester. I guess we all just liked it here better because we all transferred together." The two other boys nodded in agreement with smiles on their faces.

"The five of you are best friends then?" I questioned with a polite smile.

"Definitely!" Niall exclaimed with a grin.

Liam swallowed the food in his mouth before adding on, "We're practically like brothers."

I nodded my head with a smile as I listened. They all became so close because of school that they all moved to another country together. Part of me wondered if I would make close friends like that.