19. Slutty Halloween

"I'm dressed like a hooker!" I exclaimed as I stared at myself in the mirror. I made the mistake of letting Shelly pick out my Halloween costume, because there was barely any costume to wear. My hands kept tugging at the white shorts that hardly covered any part of my legs or hips, hoping that the fabric would magically stretch and make me feel less exposed.

She rolled her eyes as she stood next to me, examining her reflection as well. "You are not! You're dressed like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader."

I looked at her and scoffed while she slid lip gloss back and forth over her pink lips. "You're hardly wearing anything, and I'm still wearing less than you," I commented on her sexy girl scout costume. Shelly had the body and the confidence to wear something like this.

Me on the other hand? I did not.

"Jocelyn, this is our first Halloween here and we have to do it right! Once we get to the club, we'll get a couple of drinks in you so you'll loosen up," Shelly told me before moving her hands to my hair, fixing the waves that she had put it into for me.

Basically, I was Shelly's barbie doll, but in all honesty I didn't mind it. Having her do my makeup and pick out my outfit saved me the trouble and the anxiety of having to do it myself.

"Well, I'm wearing a coat until we get there." I was putting my foot down for this, usually I just did as I was told, but it was cold out and I didn't want to attract any stares before we got to the club.

My roommate clicked her tongue against her teeth. "We still have to take pictures with everyone," she informed me and I let out a groan. "Come on, stop whining!" Her hand snatched mine, and she grabbed our things before pulling me out of the room.

After knocking, I hid behind Shelly, feeling self conscious in my costume. The door opened up and Louis stood there in a green power ranger's costume and a grin on his face (he hadn't put the mask on yet). "Happy Halloween, ladies! Come on in!"

Shelly happily stepped inside, walking with a swing in her hips. I, however, wrapped my arms around myself as I walked into the room. Zayn and Parker were also in there, he was the black power ranger and she was the yellow one. I couldn't help but grin at how they all had coordinated.

My eyes went to Harry and Niall who were talking to each other, and were dressed as greasers. They looked damn good, too. Like Rob Lowe in The Outsiders good.

Parker was the first one to notice me, and she smiled widely before speaking teasingly, "Jocelyn, is that you!?"

I let out a dramatic whine. "Don't point me out!"

Zayn gave me a friendly smile. "You look nice as a cheerleader," he complimented before turning his attention to Parker. The look in his eyes was one of complete adoration, and that's why I didn't mind whenever he just told me that I looked nice. Because he only had eyes for his girlfriend.

"She looks like a babe," Shelly said confidently, motiong at me. Heat ran to my cheeks as I looked down shyly.

"She's only saying that because she picked out my costume," I retorted, trying to get the attention off of me.

"It's true, I did." My roommate grinned and did a little curtsy.

When I looked up, my eyes met Niall's for a second before he quickly looked away. That was how the past few days between us went; stolen glances and short conversations. Slowly but surely we were making our way back to being just friends. Even if neither of us wanted to.

Taking a deep breath, I walked over to the two boys. "Sodapop and Ponyboy?" I asked with a smirk, referencing The Outsiders.

Harry chuckled. "Something like that. You're gonna be getting a lot of male attention tonight," he informed as he draped his arm over my shoulder.