28. The Feeling is Mutual

When I woke up, I found myself alone in the bed. Rolling over, I looked to see that Niall's clothes that had laid by mine were now gone. I frowned but didn't move, not wanting to leave the smell of his cologne that was now laced onto the bed sheets.

The sound of my phone buzzing on the nightstand interrupted the sleepy daze I was in. "Seriously?" I grumbled before reaching over and snatching my phone from its place. Bright white numbers shone the time "8:30".

Glancing towards the windows, I saw that the curtains were drawn, leaving me with no clue as to whether it were morning or night time.

I looked back to my phone and opened the text message, grinning as I saw who sent it.

From Niall Horan:

Just stopped Harry from eating your dinner, nearly lost my arm. You owe me.

That answered my question as to what time of day it was.

To Niall Horan:

Thank god because I'm starving. Eventually I'll come down. You're the best :))))

With some difficulty, I managed to roll out of the bed. Instead of getting all dolled up to impress everyone in the house, I changed out of my nightie and into my bra, a t-shirt and sweatpants. Putting on real clothes was not on my to-do list.

From Niall Horan:

Look who's awake! You're not planning on coming down in that silk thing are you?

To Niall Horan:

No, I already changed. Why??

I rolled my eyes before leaving the room, trying to remember my way downstairs. Of course, I'd never been shown the kitchen so me going through this house was going to be the equivalent of a maze.

From Niall Horan:

Hmm... No reason ;)

A blush crept onto my skin and I bit my lip, finding myself too flustered to text him back right away. Whether or not we discussed our recent affection was entirely up to him, because there was no way that I'd be able to bring it up. We both knew what we wanted, but we also knew that we couldn't have what that was. 

Sneaking around was bad, very bad, especially since I still hadn't told Shelly about mine and Niall's stolen kisses. But I didn't want to share the experience with anyone other than him, even if it was simply by telling her.

Once the heat on my cheeks faded, my thumbs started to tap against the keyboard on my phone screen.

To Niall Horan:

You, sir, are going to be on Santa's naughty list if you continue!

PS, idk how to get to the kitchen come help.

I sat at the top of the stairs while waiting for Niall's reply. Unlike the staircases near the front door, this one showed no indication of where it led to. I could only imagine having to call Shelly to let her know I'd gotten lost in ginormous home.

From Niall Horan:

First I gotta save your food, now I gotta save you?!

Rolling my eyes, I let out a soft laugh.

To Niall Horan:

Wow, your life is so hard.

"You know what, just for that I'm not gonna help you!" Niall called up from the halfway point of the stairwell I was waiting at. With a grin, I sprung up from my seat before running down the steps and jumping onto him, my arms wrapping around his neck.